Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Roasting

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Never rush about in this heat.......

Busy morn and quickly tidied and sorted plants but it's too blooming' hot.  Roasting.  Temps must be approaching 90 f in my sun baked garden.  If not, it feels like it.  

Ok, it's hot.  imageimageimage What we all want really. Cannot and should not moan.   Prob the summer we dream of.  

Cool down?  How?  Beach is 10 mins away so.....maybe!  Lager?  Ice creams? Duvet in the fridge?   Underpants in the freezer? .....luverly image  Forecast is ......well, HOT image

Ain't this a brilliant summer ? image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Brilliant Verdun image 

I've got a mango ice lolly in the freezer - that'll do for my lunch image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,659

Its a beautiful summer Verdun. But I wish I was at home in my garden and not at the salt mines with the air conditioning broken. On my break so I'm nipping outside, Yay! 

See you later peeps, have a lovely day x

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,659

Ooh Dove, throw one my way please image

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

I went to Tatton Park flower show with my mum yesterday, the only way we could survive the heat was by having lots of icecream!

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

It certainly is a brilliant summer, I'm just hoping it lasts for Carfest next weekend.  What would make it even more prefect, if him upstairs would like to take my order, is a couple of hours of moderate rainfall every night whilst we are all asleep image

I'm just debating whether it's too hot to do my working from home outside??

Oooh that lolly was GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Too much information Verdun image I'm now working outside, there is a lovely warm breeze and the smell of lavender is wafting over, trouble is it could send me to sleep image

Beware chilblains Verdun image

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    You might get freezer burn!image

But yes this weather is wonderful! Thanks for this thread, good not to be moaning about the weather! imageimageimage

Feelin hot hot hot la laa la