London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
11 messages
03/03/2014 at 14:17

In my settings there's a thing called scrapbook for saving GW mag articles which is so far unused. Does anyone know if I can save other things to this?

Edd's piece on mealworms for a start. People have given me instructions before and I think I'll be able to find the appropriate thread but I never can

03/03/2014 at 21:28

I don't know the answer Nutcutlet, but would be interested to find out too as people have given me advice on plant ideas and ID of plants etc and it would be good to save them somewhere.

Can anyone help us? 

Edd
03/03/2014 at 23:20

I wish i could Nut. Apparently if you look at a Gardeners World topic. It gives a symbol for video and a one that looks like a green A4 sheet with a pair of scissors at the top. You can then clip this article to your scrap book. I wish there was more. 

Perhaps we should ask?

Kind regards.

Edd

03/03/2014 at 23:33

I've only managed to store the articles on here into my scrapbook. I do know what you mean nut.

In the past I've cut and pasted advice from the threads into either notepad or into a word document and labelled it as such

Edd
04/03/2014 at 00:13

That defeats the scrapbook option HH. No offence.

You could just start a new folder in whatever place you want then copy and paste the link URL. this will take you back to whatever topic you want.

Again it defeats the scrapbook option.

Not sure.

04/03/2014 at 07:33

I can (have) cut and pasted but thought I might have found a use for the scrapbook. A magazine article just gives one person's opinion. We get different ways of looking at things on the forum.

04/03/2014 at 08:28

I agree Nut, I thought the scrapbook could be used to keep one post of interest but it wasn't possible so I gave up. I'd like to refer back to plants which have been recommended or to advice given which I could check back to at a later date.

04/03/2014 at 08:37

I have just discovered the 'Followed threads' button (der...) which is useful for checking back on useful posts.

04/03/2014 at 09:40

Hello everyone.

You can use the Scrapbook tool to bookmark projects, videos, features, blogs and plant profiles around the site. Just look for the 'paper and scissors' icon next the page title, near the top of the screen - please see graphic below. Clicking this will add a link to your Scrapbook, which you can access from the dropdown menu that appears when you click your username, top right-hand corner of the screen.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38803.jpg?width=184&height=350&mode=max

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

04/03/2014 at 09:58

None taken Edd

Totally agree that the scrapbook function would be a great way of keeping threads that are of interest to us. I know when I started out all the info on propagation would have been really useful to keep and refer back to.

I also find the copy and paste approach a bit tedious so don't do that anymore. I did suggest this some time ago but don't think it was possible so have given up using  the scrap book all together.

04/03/2014 at 16:57

Thanks Daniel

email image
11 messages