Start a new thread

241 to 260 of 266 replies

Highland Jeannie

Benny Hill used to come into the bank that I worked in, he was very quiet, polite & always smart & well-dressed.

I once cashed a cheque for Windsor Davies the Sgt Major from it "Ain't Half Hot Mum" - his voice was just as loud in the bank as it was in the series when shouting at the other soldeirs!!

We really liked Dave Allen too, he had such a quirky sense of humour. My H recently helped carry my aunt's coffin & the problem with having watched so many Dave Allen programmes is that he had visions of all sorts of things happening.

Dovefromabove

Back in the 80s friends asked their boys what to call the house they were moving to  .......... Willo' the wisp was their answer, and Willo' the wisp is what their house is called 

star gaze lily

Awww, thats cute, I wonder how the boys feel now. Good prog tho

Good job I didn't ask my boys

Not too far from me is a house called Bin Robin.  Luckily the occupant looks too fat to  exert himself too much.  

Advertisement

star gaze lily

My neighbour has called their son Ben, their surname is Down. The sad thing is they did it on purpose

Fairygirl

In the seventies, there was a man who used to come riding where I work called Mr. Tuckey.

His first name was Ken.

I kid you not 

GillyL

We had a Theresa Green at school.........

gardeningfantic

sara4.. kaughed out loud at that one.. should have.. but sometimes wish parents would think a little bit more..

GillyL

Friends son called Digby Knight.

Highland Jeannie

My needlework teacher was Joan Jones. (But she was Mrs)

star gaze lily

I worked with a Teresa Green a few years ago.and my husband once worked with someone called Phil Hill.

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Sorry was just reading through this, it started to jump about, and go off on its own!

Woodgreen wonderboy

I knew someone whose daughter was named Amanda Miranda Randell.

star gaze lily

Bet they had trouble saying that after a few drinks!  

Secret Squirrel

What was that kids prog from the 70's? All the electric stopped and everyone lived like the dark ages. In the end some people found a cave with a giant crystal that turned out to be Merlin! I think

Secret Squirrel

I have found it, I'm confusing two programmes. The programme about the electric stopping is called 'The Changes'

The one about the cave and Merlin, is called the Children of the Stone.