Start a new thread

121 to 140 of 266 replies

ginagibbs

Hey Verdun, do you remember the Goon shows?

Ginagibbs well I remember the ying yang song by spike Milligan.  Thought it smart to record myself singing it for my mobile ringing tone until I was in Morrisons waiting to be served and my phone went off. It was horrible.  Changed if very quickly.

Was the goon show on the radio...vaguely remember it or was it something else like it? 

Rise and fall of Reggie Perrin was brilliant Sara.   

You had a crush on George Harrison busy?  I had a crush on old man steptoe.  

I guess all the womenfolk here are trying to work out ages now We men aren't bothered with such trivia 

KEF

Verd, I think you are older than me, but maybe not by much...unless you took to Emma Peel when you were at work. ..Now't wrong with that except they used to shove kids up chimneys and call it work

I think it might be fun to have a thread about how we all imagine each other to look like ..but maybe wait until bad weather when we don't have any gardening and we can have a polite but  silly laugh ??? I'll start it if people fancy it.

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Lol Kef,  that could get dangerous i dare you lol

Mischievous girls!    Well, Adam faith may give me away.  People used to say I looked like him and I hated that.  He's 5' nothing amd I'm 6' plus.  I remember the flower power era, the revolutionary songs and I went to school with Horatio Nelson.  Gosh!  He was a scream.  

KEF

Wow, Charlie..I thought I was "up" on my heroes. Respects

Lily if |I do I will need to think carefully. Maybe thread "do you want to play" but it would have to be people who"said" they were game..no picking on folks & I don't know if it can be done....

Example would be:

Bet Verdun is slightly older than me, maybe 4 / 5 yrs, fair, maybe a tint of grey. quite tall, muscular, no fat, regardless of all "cake talk" ....  Over to you Verd.

Lily, don't dare me...that gives you a clue  Discuss later in the year and see if anyone else has any views.

Fairygirl

My oldest daughter is obsessed with Marvel superheroes..

Reggie Perrin...brilliant.....I didn't get where I am today...

Kojak. Splendid!

I bet Verdun remembers writing with chalk on a slate at school 

KEF

Fairy

Busy-Lizzie

I had said I thought Verdun was younger than me, but now he's said more about what he remembers I'm not so sure!

KEF, not bad.  Not just hint of grey tho.  Prob not far off I guess.  But men are younger than women so if I am older than you I'm not really cos I just explained why 

Fairy, fairy fairy!  Such a lack of respect for your betters.  Still get the odd run in when I take my dog tho.  Can't beat my 19 year old niece at air hockey at amusement arcade and, boy, do I try hard to.    Mind ??ou no one beats her at anything. People say Ive never grown up......oh, do grow up, they say respectfully 

Busy.....I remember the summer of 1903 ....wot a scorcher.  

So, the clues are there ladies 

Now, fairy........well. She rides a broomstick but a very modern one.  Turbo charged. Metallic blue cos it's made of lightweight aluminium but still has her L l plates.   She pretends she's building a garden but really she sits on a deckchair waving her wand in one hand and a can of rough cider in the ofher and swearing like a trooper when she forgets her spells. Oh!  She's greatly overweight as can be seen by the curve of that broomstick and..........oops! I'll get my coat now I think 

star gaze lily

LOL Kef what have you started! I double dare you now!!!!!

As i said before Verdun, men stay little boys, no matter their age

Yes but don't tell Fairy..........er.......anyway it was Brum wot said it. It was his idea to say those things. I didnt know wot I was sayin.  And....does she really have magic power?...oops!

star gaze lily

Are you brave enough to chance it he he. 

AndVerdun are you saying that you have a split personality,  or that you and Brumbull are one of the same , curiouser and curiouser 

Advertisement

GillyL

Be very afraid Verdun,its Halloween soon,you should not have mentioned the "curve of that broomstick".

Probably a cauldron being stirred right at this moment......eye of newt....wing of bat 

Lily.  Bit concerned that fairy exacts a revenge..   

I can assure ??ou Brumbull and I are 2 separate distinct individuals so no split personality.    

Gilly.....I know.  It is a point of concern. Mind you, eye of newt is tasty.  You do know it's a traditional Cornish breakfast........funnily enough bat wings too.  And Cornwall is riddled with tales of mystery and legend    The most haunted places are in cormwall.  

The Ping Wings

Hi Sara 4

Thank you so much for mentioning this programme - I thought I had imagined it.

I was out with a group of friends a couple of years ago and we got to chatting about our favourite kids programmes. We are all in our late 50's/early 60's. We all remembered Twizzle, Sparky and Noggin the Nog, But I was the only one that remembered the Ping Wings - unfortunately I had remembered it as "The Penguins" and despite Googling the name and searching lists of old childrens progammes I could find no trace of it.

So I was delighted to come across your post today and discover I had got the name wrong. I have just spent a happy 5 mins on Youtube watching an old clip and remembering how much I loved it. I also remembered that the theme tune used to make me sad (I was only 6).

Thanks again

Tamarix

Fairygirl

Noggin the Nog - happy days Tamarix! Watched Noggin and the Ice Dragon as a child. Just beautiful, and Oliver Postagte's voice ....Bought a Noggin book for my daughter when she was little and she loved it. 

Fairygirl

I've just read your posts Verd....be afraid....be VERY afraid....

And the broomstick's soft, sagey green - don't care for blue. It's getting serviced right now, but when it's ready....