London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
121 to 140 of 284 messages
20/10/2013 at 23:49

Actually Lily, I've just googled him as well and he's still not bad, if the wikipedia picture is fairly recent!

21/10/2013 at 00:09

He was on loose women a few months ago,, yes he's not bad  still got that smile and sexy voice  yes its funny that you don't really age inside lol

21/10/2013 at 08:10

Lol  Sara! what is it with these boys!! Did you see it was paul Nicholas? I've just googled him, he's 67 now!

KEF
21/10/2013 at 08:22

Just Good Friends. I remember the episode when Vince & Penny met up again. He told her he was an accountant and she was well impressed, until he said Turf Accountant.

21/10/2013 at 08:27

For those of you not into Star Trek, Patrick Stewart was Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men films (except First Class, obviously).

Teen crushes on TV? Hrm ... Earliest I can remember would be Felicity Kendal (I was so young it was so long ago she was young too!)

Since then, I'd say Willow Rosenberg. It wasn't quite a teen crush, and I felt guilty about it until I found out that Alyson Hannigan is older than me!

Also, obviously, Rogue.

21/10/2013 at 18:44

Thats a bit weird a message I sent last nite appears again this morning, very spooky.

21/10/2013 at 20:20

Vic and Bobs big night out. 

21/10/2013 at 20:45

so many memories on one thread. New cd out JACKIE something or other. All our teenage idols in one place, David Essex, David Cassidy, Paul Nicholas, Donny Osmond, Bay City Rollers- I actually liked Gary Glitters music but it doesn't seem quite the same now

21/10/2013 at 21:07

Anyone remember the likely lads?    Loved that.  And the spike Milligan shows....was it Q8?  

And top of the pops......sorry tainted now by saville ....but it was the must see show. ,juke box jury, dated now of course, but good. 

21/10/2013 at 21:30

Charlie November, who is Willow Rosenburg?  And Rogue?

Verdun, I loved the likely lads and Reginald Perrin - and the Liver Birds, and Butterflies with Wendy Craig - I bet lots of people remember that one.

21/10/2013 at 21:32

I used to watch The Likely Lads, and Steptoe & Son, but I wasn't a child then. And Top of the Pops, had a crush on George Harrison.

21/10/2013 at 21:33

And loved Butterflies.

22/10/2013 at 15:11

Cuckoo waltz

22/10/2013 at 15:51

Hey Verdun, do you remember the Goon shows?

22/10/2013 at 17:00

Ginagibbs well I remember the ying yang song by spike Milligan.  Thought it smart to record myself singing it for my mobile ringing tone until I was in Morrisons waiting to be served and my phone went off. It was horrible.  Changed if very quickly.

Was the goon show on the radio...vaguely remember it or was it something else like it? 

Rise and fall of Reggie Perrin was brilliant Sara.   

You had a crush on George Harrison busy?  I had a crush on old man steptoe.  

I guess all the womenfolk here are trying to work out ages now We men aren't bothered with such trivia 

KEF
22/10/2013 at 17:22

Verd, I think you are older than me, but maybe not by much...unless you took to Emma Peel when you were at work. ..Now't wrong with that except they used to shove kids up chimneys and call it work

I think it might be fun to have a thread about how we all imagine each other to look like ..but maybe wait until bad weather when we don't have any gardening and we can have a polite but  silly laugh ??? I'll start it if people fancy it.

22/10/2013 at 17:35

Lol Kef,  that could get dangerous i dare you lol

22/10/2013 at 18:32

Mischievous girls!    Well, Adam faith may give me away.  People used to say I looked like him and I hated that.  He's 5' nothing amd I'm 6' plus.  I remember the flower power era, the revolutionary songs and I went to school with Horatio Nelson.  Gosh!  He was a scream.  

22/10/2013 at 18:40

I remember the Goon Shows! They were on the BBC World Service. The DG at the time hated light entertainment, so everyone was careful not to tell him about the Goons.

Willow Rosenberg, Rabbi Rosenberg's only daughter: http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Willow_Rosenberg

Willow if things went badly wrong: http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Willow_Rosenberg_(Wishverse)

Pretty good idea not to annoy her, either way, because she can throw a bag full of daggers at you with her mind, animate an entire cemetery and set the corpses to attacking you just to give you something to do, catch exploding bombs in her fingers to use later or just drop your whole house through a portal to Hell if you really annoy her ... but she's a sweet girl once you get to know her. She looks pretty good "out of character" too, as demonstrated by FHM once, so be careful where you do image searches for the actress.

Rogue: one of Marvel's X-Men characters, a girl who discovered while kissing her boyfriend that she has a mutant power to suck the life out of anyone who makes skin contact with her. She also temporarily gains the powers of other mutants if she drains them, something that saved her life, nearly got her killed and then saved her life again in the first X-Men film. She's had a lot of looks in comics, but in the films she looked more like this. She's the reason lots of us want the power to be unaffected by mutant powers. I'm not sure whether women who dress up as her are just having fun playing a superhero or trying to give off a sexy and/or untouchable vibe, but that happens.

KEF
22/10/2013 at 18:53

Wow, Charlie..I thought I was "up" on my heroes. Respects

Lily if |I do I will need to think carefully. Maybe thread "do you want to play" but it would have to be people who"said" they were game..no picking on folks & I don't know if it can be done....

Example would be:

Bet Verdun is slightly older than me, maybe 4 / 5 yrs, fair, maybe a tint of grey. quite tall, muscular, no fat, regardless of all "cake talk" ....  Over to you Verd.

Lily, don't dare me...that gives you a clue  Discuss later in the year and see if anyone else has any views.

121 to 140 of 284 messages