Start a new thread

161 to 180 of 266 replies

star gaze lily

You can start now Verdun, volume turned down and ear plugs at the ready. So after 3 Verdun-------1                            2                          aaaannnnd  3!

Lily, lily, lily.  You trying to get me into trouble?  I can still remember at primary school simgiNg away at a harvest festival service amd the head teacher making  a bee line for me....."not so loud...." he said.    Affected me to this day 

star gaze lily

Oh Verdun i'm sorry you were picked on, of course I don't want you to get in trouble. I just want to hear Captain Beaky again

SwissSue

For some reason I don't remember any kids programmes, maybe I was a kid before there was TV, and I'm only 27 too! Does anyone remember The Rag Trade?

I know lily.  Actually the cap'n beaky tune is quite infectious in my head at mo.  The words too.  Still a mischievous kid inside 

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Verdun that song has been in my head most of the day!!!!!!!

GillyL

Rag Trade.Sue...was that Reg Varney?

Lily.  Thats the idea.  "I've got a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves......".  Ha ha 

KEF

archie, was that Hannah Gordon?

Woodgreen wonderboy

Thursday night in the univeristy bar/TV room, "Top of the Pops", "It's a Square World" ( Michael Bentine) and "Man from Uncle" drew the crowds. No-one ever accused us of being intellectuals.

Woodgreen wonderboy

Great thread Verd. My whole life has just flashed past my eyes

Haha woody.  Mission accomplished then 

Would be interested in a thread about alpines and you're the main man.......?

star gaze lily

Verdun i've just come in from an evening out. I won't sleep now will be thinking of both songs  will probably mix  them up lol  Think i'm a bit younger than all of you , haven't had my 21st yet    

Advertisement

Hi Sara 4. Having already thanked you for the correct name of the Ping WIngs, I'm going to add another thanks for mentioning the Tingha and Tucker Club. I had completely forgotten about them until I read your last post. I had a real life Auntie Jean and remember me and my cousins driving her mad by saying "Hello, Auntie Jean" in our Tingha and Tucker voices and collapsing into giggles every time we saw her (which was at leat 4 times a day, as she lived opposite). I think we kept it up for months.

KEF

Sara4 ..T & T  memories  I'd also forgotten about that one.

SwissSue
GillyL wrote (see)

Rag Trade.Sue...was that Reg Varney?

Hi Gilly, yes and Sheila Hancock and Barbara Windsor and others I cant remember. Whew, 1961, that was a long time ago!

GillyL

Was it really 1961? can,t think how I remembered that I would only have been 5.Was the Rag Trade the one where someone shouted "everybody out"?

How about Emergengy Ward Ten? with Richard Chamberlain I think.