Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Serious stuff......no! Really

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

On the radio this morn the talk,has been about life changing events in our childhood. ...Viz.programmes on the tv image

For me Casey jones, Popeye and the Magic Roundabout bring back memories.  I even had my own words for Casey.  

On the comedy front Ever Decreasing Circles was brilliant.  I was supposed be like the guy Martin was jealous of....can't remember his name for mo.  

So folks,.....childhood tv and best comedy from the past?

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409
    Daktari image
  • Emma1978Emma1978 Posts: 201

He-Man and She-Ra, Thomas the Tank Engine and re-runs of The Good Life = EPIC image

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Singing Ringing Tree scarred me for life Verd....image

Magic Roundabout - yes - brilliant! The Flintstones and Top Cat image

Two Ronnies, the Good Life, M&W, too many to choose from!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Verdun fun threadimage

The man from UNCLE was my fav. Closely followed my Mr.Ed the talking horse, every time the wife shouted "Wilber" I used to chuckle. Did like SKIPPY..the bush kangaroo & Flintstones. Land of the Giants, first thing I saw in colour.

Comedy..Sooo many..today I'd say Open All Hours..or maybe not..Steptoe & Son..I could go on and on.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

When I was a child we had an old black and white telly that you had to thump to stop the picture going down! Then when I was about 12, wondrous, we got a colour one.

When very small, I liked Bill and Ben the Flower Pot men. Comedy - Topcat, Popeye and Huckleberry Hound. We weren't allowed to watch lots of TV, but Blue Peter had parental approval! I wrote to Pussycat Willem once (shows my age) and Valerie Singleton wrote back.

Then I liked anything with horses in it, like Fury and Champion the Wonder Horse.

When I was older and married I liked the Good Life.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • The Banana Splits every saturday morning.

I'm now going to be singing the Tra-La-La song all day image

• I loved Champion the wonder horse too, but I loved Count Duckular and Ivor the Engine when the dragons appeared. Watched the last two with my son.

• ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

Hey fairy girl did you see the comedy sketch of Singing Ringing tree by The Fast Show, look it up on Youtube!! so funny!

Space family robinson with Dr Smith and the Robot loved it !

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Lost in Space gina!! image 

No I don't think I could look it up - I might have nightmares!!

Today I was hoping to be mostly eating cake....image

Instead I've cleaned the wheely bin....I know how to live image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...