Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Shed of the year...

Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Did anyone else watch the programme...Flicking through the channels this evening 'Amazing Spaces, shed of the year' caught my eye. I was expecting to switch channels after 5mins... but inspired with what people have done with their sheds watched it all and will sadly set the TV to alert for the remainder of the series...I really should get out more...    

It was 'normal' and 'eco' sheds this evening. The eco sheds stretched your imagination... sheds they were not... My vote for 'normal' was with the guy who had built a shed and made an observatory. 

My vote for 'eco' went to the guy in Scotland who had built a shed from materials sourced within 150 metres. The craftmanship was truely remarkable but the owl won.  

Being of a practical nature, my  sheds house gardening stuff...what do your sheds house...    

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

I watched it they do come up with in genus inventions, watch the same sort of programme last year  that train shed was amazing so much in there

My little shed being small like a cupboard just garden stuff and bird food 

Hampshire Gardener
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

nearly the next programme we will see what others have made

Hampshire Gardener
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I must have missed this thread when originally posted image

Love the prog, and though that the train shed should have won, was between the two eco sheds though, the Scottsh one and the one that won. Am taping tonight's as it clashed with Antiques Roadshow image

My shed has nothing exciting in it other than typical shedy type stuff image

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Love this programme and I haven't even got a shed.  If OH built one I'd really be amazedimage.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Missed the programme tonight, Zoomer kicks herself, not turned the TV on today..

I liked the train shed too, especially when they turned off the lights, the fairground was truely inspiring, it was a labour of love.

Just watched it on iplayer. There were three winners for me in the historical section. 

It was the final tonight, did anyone watch it.  Can't believe the owl was joint top. Difficult to say which was the best shed, there have been some cracking one's which diddn't make it to the final. I liked the folly last week and this week, the shed which one guy took to work on a trailer for his mates to have their tea break's in image.   

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Loved the series and my fave was the lovely man who got the life time achievement image

the tea break shed was my runner up image

I thought that was a nice touch too, the life time achievement awardimage