London (change)
Today 18°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 3°C
14 messages
15/11/2013 at 18:50

Hi, does anyone else have these problems please? Thank you.

15/11/2013 at 18:57

I still have lots of reviews that aren't mine.

15/11/2013 at 19:37

A spell checker would be brilliant as I have to keep referring to the dictionary - shows how much we depend on spell checkers now.

15/11/2013 at 19:46

I have just spotted a message from Daniel that they are trying to get another spellchecker going which will take a month or so.

jatnikapyar (that's a mouthful) I like your heading for this thread.

KEF
15/11/2013 at 19:50

I haven't had spell check for months Maybe 6 months,  I've posted on Daniels's thread and had resuults on other matters maybe try there  I will "bump it up " so you can see it.

15/11/2013 at 19:56

If you've got problems with the way the forum is working please send Daniel a PM - he is trying to get it sorted out and is keeping us up to date on his thread Update on technical issues.

However, as today is Friday of course he won't be at his desk until Monday.

15/11/2013 at 21:57

Glad to read there'll be another spell check, it was a help in correcting miss typing. I tend to type quickly so sometimes hit the wrong keys, I'm usually a good speller 

16/11/2013 at 11:05

Hi Forester2, you can rename me if you like, I'll still respond to  you!

Thanks Dove, i have PM'd Daniel regarding theissues in question but have heard nothing. He is obviously busy, but I did want to get to the "followed threads" and had asked you to help. I have not been getting response E-mails either. I have checked the Settings etc.......I'm sure it will be sorted out in time.

16/11/2013 at 11:17

Hi jatnikapyar -  I did send an email, but Daniel's been away from the office for a while - there's been a flurry of activity since his return last week - try another PM. 

16/11/2013 at 11:42

Thanks Dove,I have PM'd again, poor Daniel, he must be sick of my mails!

16/11/2013 at 17:37

Hi jatnikapyar - can I shorten it to 'jatnik'?

16/11/2013 at 18:40

Oh Forester2, it doesn't matter, J will do. Lucky you, what a beautiful part of the world you live in, I hope you are enjoying it. I have lived here for 38 years, a stones' throw from the downs with acres of greenery, protected orchids, crested newts etc. I was so busy bringing up the family that I saw littleof it. But since I retired 5 years ago, I have made up for it big timeSo, enjoy!

16/11/2013 at 20:10

Hi J - I have seen where you were born - wow.  I was born in the south of where you live now.  Yes, I live in a fab part of the country and I am very lucky.  Glad you are now enjoying the downs (Banstead?). 

18/11/2013 at 09:38

Reply to jatnikapyar: I'm afraid I haven't had any private messages from you!

So, I'm not immune from the problems with the messaging tool at the moment! It seems to be working erratically - some messages get through, some don't. As posted on another thread, I'm expecting an update today on the work to correct this problem, so I'll post an update as soon as I know something.

If anybody else has private messaged me and not received a response, I'm not ignoring you, it just won't have been delivered.

Until we have a resolution, I'd suggest emailing website@gardenersworld.com if you need to get in touch with us.

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

email image
14 messages