London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
6 messages
28/01/2013 at 09:24

How lovely to finally get rid of the snow.  It looks pretty when it first comes but I soon get fed up with it and want it to go.  So lovely to be able to see my garden.  It is a lovely sunny day and although cold will be out in the garden today catching up on a few jobs.  Lots of bulbs coming through, plenty of snowdrops waiting to come out and a few primulas flowering, even though they have been covered in snow for nearly two weeks. 

Come on spring - not long now

28/01/2013 at 09:27
Yes it's lovely to see the green and brown again, never thought I would say that so fast. I shall have a potter today and make a list of things I need and jobs to do , can't beat a cold day all wrapped up though....

The sun has got his hat on
Hip hip hip hooorayyyy
The sun has got his hat on
..and I'm going out to playyy
28/01/2013 at 12:03

I am glad the snow has gone but the floods have started,still lets hope spring is round the corner and no one says anything about needing water because of a drought! going out to what the damage is!

Lyn
28/01/2013 at 12:03

Its blowing a gale and pouring with rain here, in Tavistock, Talking of pottering, I had a Potter for Christmas, and will spend all day cutting up newspapers and making individual pots for when I come to plant some more seeds. They take a bit of getting used too, but once you find the knack, they are brilliant, you can plant the whole thing out, paper and all so no root disturbance. 

28/01/2013 at 12:15

yes I got one of those,got to get the width of the paper right and how thick,but it works ,and a kinda of therapy in doing it,good for sweet peas.

28/01/2013 at 12:49

Good for you. Here the snow has almost gone but it has been replaced by lakes. We have even got swans swimming on the 'field' behind the house.

email image
6 messages