Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

So...............

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    So..... Many people do this
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,473

People like to acknowledge your question while they think of an answer.  Similar to er / um / well / I'm glad you asked that question etc etc

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
  • Ooh not heard it yet. Maybe it's a regional thing...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

It drives me mad too ... I think it's an attempt for dominance - it sort of implies that they've been interrupted and are taking back control of the conversation.

It's enooooooooooormously irritating image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

Know what you mean Hazel, I can't stand.......chillax or when someone tells you something and then says.........yeah at the end grrrrr. 

Or the expression.............back in the day..........which seems quite common lately.

Don't like it when people talk using their hands to do inverted commas either.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

Or when people finish the end of your sentance for you.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Throwing the word "obviously " into a sentence such as " obviously we used to...... " 

Well, as you've only just told us, in what way was it obvious before?

Don't even start me on the word " amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing"  which seems to apply to everything these days.

Devon.