Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

something in the air

waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,271

I don't know if I am alone in finding that the forum has a new atmosphere about it these days. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't have the happy feel about it that it did before.

I just want to say that I came upon it by accident after I was forced to be housebound for a few days. I immediately enjoyed the banter and the knowledge that was to be got from it at the same time.

There are a lot of very enthusiastic gardeners out there all willing to take time to help others. I can honestly say that, just by reading other people's problems, I learned about things that I didn't even know were a problem!

I hope that in my turn I have been able to help others. I know my style isn't to everyone's taste. I am from Yorkshire and I can be blunt. Not a lot I can do about that. However, I have always tried to be polite.

I don't want to have to press ignore buttons. I don't want to have to wonder if someone will be trying to work people up for nothing more than the fun of it. I'm off now. You won't be hearing from me again. It has been an interesting few months and I genuinely wish you well.

Bye.

• Oh dear, I must have missed something. I have to say I don't read that many posts but as you are  a 'regular' I tend to read yours.

As a fellow Yorkie can I be very blunt and ask you to reconsider?

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..oh dear, that's a shame... I was just reading your posts on apples...

it's only a forum as far as I'm concerned - no one really knows anyone else... I do wonder if some people develop an inflated sense of their own importance within it, and get easily offended by criticism... also I find it a bit like 'Mumsnet' at times.....and we wouldn't want to go there too often...

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Waterbutts I'm from Yorkshire and like you say my bit.

Dun't chuck towel in. I enjoy your posts and saw what upset you yesterday.

Things have been strange on here the last few days & I know I've fuelled the fire a bit, never could keep my nose out. I'm going to try and just be happy as we were.

Hope I do see you here again. image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

You' were one of the 'voices of sanity' wb.

I'm sorry you're going but fully agree with all you say.

Thanks for all the advice that's come my way

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

The last few days have been strange, but I think that this is unusual and that eveything should settle down  again quickly. Normally the site is a friendly, happy place to be and I would urge you to give things a chance to return to normal.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Also from Yorkshire, very sorry to see you go. I have PM'd you.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

nil illegitimi carborundum.

PMd you too wb

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Please don't go Waterbutts. That way, the trouble makers win. If you like just check in from time to time. I hope everything will settle down now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.