Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

It's been quite a while since I went to a big stately home, with gardens! What I loved about Spetchley park was how parts of it had been left to the wilderness, and the kitchen garden incorporated vegetables and fruit planted alongside beautiful flowers. Though I loved the pathways filled with roses and the Rose lawn, just like the Red Queen's from Alice in Wonderland.

I took some photos, I hope I can share them with you as I don't know what most of them are!

What a beautiful place, gorge pics- looks like you picked a good day too
It's scorching over here in Worcestershire!

Great account of your visit and love the photos, especially the roses.  I especially like the look of the first rose pic with all those buds.   I wonder which rose it is.  The lilac one is stunning too.  Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing the photos. Will now visit.

Yarrow if you can wait till the evening I tool photos of the labels with the names of the plants. That's one of the things I really loved about the place all the plants have little signs with the Latin and common name. I love the pink rose which I distinctly remember being called a Shropshire lad. I loved the white dog rose looking plant they were huge like cherry blossom trees. I've forgotten the name but do have a photo of the tag.
Ah I have my camera to hand t white flowers are philadelphus innocence and the purple blue rose is called Rosa Blue for You. It was so unusual in the flesh. Almost ultra violet.
And the orange with the buds is seemingly called crown princess margereta