London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
13 messages
01/03/2013 at 19:36

Something is wrong with this alleged offer, I tried to book the buckfastleigh inn, using the promotional code.  No luck on any date whatsoever,  however, when I took the promotional code out of the booking, suprise, suprise, no trouble with any dates !

Sufice to say we will not be bothering with any future " offers "

01/03/2013 at 20:05

Has this got something to do with gardening?

01/03/2013 at 20:08

Perhaps it is something in the magazine??

01/03/2013 at 20:15
Or not ....
01/03/2013 at 21:14

One gardener warning another? Something wrong with that? For crying out loud!

01/03/2013 at 21:17

Perhaps see if the poster has posted on gardening subjects before making that comment GG-it would appear not and who knows what this is about???

01/03/2013 at 23:33

Geoff, I have a lot of respect for you. I just think that remarks about someone's post are better respectfully addressed to the poster. This may be a mischievous post. Ask her why she posted it.

02/03/2013 at 11:03

OK -Heide why did you post this??

My guess is that this is an advert she has responded to -perhaps we will never know

02/03/2013 at 11:21

Perhaps she just landed in the wrong forum for some reason. By the way, my question wasn't meant to be nasty, just curious because it didn't seem to make sense in this forum. Sorry if I offended anyone.

02/03/2013 at 15:07

I think I posted too late at night when I was irritable and for that, I apologise. I saw someone thoroughly humiliated on this forum for daring to suggest the wrong thing and when I got in touch privately I realised that it had hurt. It does take a fair bit of courage to post when you are new and inexperienced. I'm still inexperienced and know I've made mistakes in my postings.  Mostly the response is kind and helpful, but occasionally some people are talked about as if they don't exist. Maybe Heidi did post for some obscure reason - though I can't think what. My guess is that she was frustrated and acted on impulse. Plenty of people read these forums who don't contribute.

02/03/2013 at 21:30

You are so right GG.   

02/03/2013 at 22:06
gardengirl6 wrote (see)

You are so right GG.   

About what exactly??-GG made a lot of points

Cannot say that I have ever seen anybody humiliated on this board-and if they have been -they should come back and say so themselves- that is how forums work

Misunderstandings occur in the tone and manner of postings -that is where smileys can convey what is indicated

02/03/2013 at 22:55

You think I misunderstood that? Wish I could direct you to the threads I have in mind and let you judge for yourself, but that would involve others. I agree that tone of voice makes a big difference and I certainly concur that people on this forum are friendly, welcoming and helpful. Perhaps it is time to leave it at that.

email image
13 messages