London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
181 to 200 of 201 messages
16/05/2012 at 22:09
Hi I have recently moved to the island of sanday and am living right on a sheltered bay but we do get a lot of wind and some sea spray coming across the road. I would like to have a boarder around the front of the croft of some sort of low lying flowering hardy shrub what would you recomend
17/05/2012 at 16:58
hi adam ive had a choisya ternata sundance for about 5/6 years and its about 3ft tall i recently moved it to a different part of my garden and the leaves are drooping downwaeds but the plant hasnt died and its starting to budd, ive givan it a good feed of bonemeal and trimmed it but still looks poorly,any advice helpfull. many thanks deane.
17/05/2012 at 19:19
Top leaves on my red Acer bush are all brown after a frost and bitter cold wind, is it best to take the dead leaves off.
Philip Gardner, Lancaster
17/05/2012 at 20:45
I have a olive tree that has shed most of it leaves is this normal this time of the year
19/05/2012 at 09:19
I live in the hills of South west Ireland. until we began cultivating our garden 16 years ago it was a field in a boggy area. I have two 10 year old, very healthy, chestnut trees but they do not flower. What can I do to encourage them to flower

Thank you for you help

Betty
19/05/2012 at 10:30
hi adam please tell me should clematis be pruned when planting
19/05/2012 at 11:29
Hi Adam. I wish to a transplant a small conifer from the bed it is in to a pot. Can you suggest what compost I should plant it in please? LynneC
19/05/2012 at 17:02
I have had an olive tree for several years. Each year it seems to start producing fruit but they never mature into anything like proper olives. The tree is outside all year in apot surviving hot summers and cold winters alike.
Is it pot bound?
Is it in correct compost/soil?
Am I feeding it correctly?
All the above are questions I ask myself but have not found the answers to. Can you help and advise please?
20/05/2012 at 14:49
Hi. My peach and nectarine trees which I am growing in containers. I've noticed I have leaf curl and the leaves have red spores and are dropping off. What can I use to treat and cure them.
Mandy
20/05/2012 at 16:10
Adam, I have a miniture Japenese flowering cherry in my front garden and I have noticed it has patches of what looks like a golden coloured resin on some of the branches and the leaves on those branches seem to be dying. please have you any idea what is causing this and what I can do about it.Thank you
20/05/2012 at 19:08
Hello, I have a 5 year old Prunus 'Autumnal Rosea' which has been beautiful flowering in Winter Time. The foliage it had has mainly gone brown now and the leaves are dropping off.There are only a few green ones left. I have a second Prunus 'Nipponica Brilliant' which has some damage but not as bad.

I am thinking this is due to the extreme weather conditions there seem to have been this year and also lack of water early on.

Is there anything I can do please? Sandra
21/05/2012 at 20:18
have you heard of a lollipo tree please
21/05/2012 at 21:18
Hello Adam

I've recently found what I think is a couple of leopard slugs in my garden, along with whole legions of other types of the little *&^%() what with all the wet weather!

Should I leave the leopard slugs to do their thing in the hope that they'll feed on the other species? I read that they're omnivorous, so may well find their nightly feed on my veg etc. but I also found a website that asks for photos and for people to register their sightings. They are pretty incredible, as this video proves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoGn9bRWuHQ

Thanks in advance

Jez
21/05/2012 at 21:21
Hello Adam

I've recently found what I think is a couple of leopard slugs in my garden, along with whole legions of other types of the little *&^%() what with all the wet weather!

Should I leave the leopard slugs to do their thing in the hope that they'll feed on the other species? I read that they're omnivorous, so may well find their nightly feed on my veg etc. but I also found a website that asks for photos and for people to register their sightings. They are pretty incredible, as this video proves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoGn9bRWuHQ

Thanks in advance

Jez
21/05/2012 at 21:33
I have a Geum (Mrs Bradshaw) however it has both red and Yellow flowers on each stem? i have the yellow one too and planted them both in the same border last year I have moved the red one this year, temporarily into a large pot and as it was doing so well decided to keep it there, it is now in flower with both colours on each stem has is that usual?
thanks, Jill
21/05/2012 at 21:43
Hi Adam

I have a geum(Mrs Bradshaw) which was planted in border last year , a yellow one was also planted further up in border, I moved the red one this year and put it temporarily in a large pot, as it was doing so well left it and it has flowered however, it has both yellow and red flowers on each stem! whats happened? thanks Jill
22/05/2012 at 00:15
My climbing roses situated against an east facing fence , were looking very healthy until approx 3 weeks ago they the leaves and developing buds were devastated by an attack of aphids and now blackspot , I have sprayed them severe times but there is little healthy foliage , what should I do now I live in the W.midlands
Ali Shilliday
22/05/2012 at 11:41
Hi Adam, I planted 6 laburnum Vossii trees about 3 years ago in order to create an arch effect. The trees have only just started to bloom and I have noticed that over the past week one tree (in the middle) is dying and every leaf and bud is just drooping (it looks like it needs water) but the other 5 are ok. Could you give me any ideas of what the cause could be? Thanks - Rose Nash
22/05/2012 at 15:59
Hi. We moved into a house last year with a beautiful 7ft beech hedge in front of the house, in fact the road is called Beechway and the hedges are what the road was named for. In between the hedge and the house I have planted Rhododendron bushes, about 2ft high at the moment, which will grow to 3ft to 4ft eventually. They are about 2ft in front of the hedge and I planted them to create a thicker screen from the road as the bottom of the beech hedge is quite sparse compared to further up. My husband is now panicking that they will kill the beech hedge as they grow as he says they put toxins in the soil. That would be a disaster. Can you advise please?
24/05/2012 at 08:53
Hi Adam, I have aerial bulbils on an alium flower head and would like to remove to grow on, should I do this now or wait until the flower has died ? thankyou Jane from London
181 to 200 of 201 messages