London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 13°C
161 to 180 of 201 messages
27/04/2012 at 21:37

I wish to grow climbers, campsis, clematis, roses etc around the garden,what is the best type of wire to use with vine eyes for fixing and what thickness of wire should be used.
DaveN
27/04/2012 at 21:47
I have a new bare garden and wish to grow a variety of climbers.What is the best wire and thickness to use for supporting the plants using vine eyes screwed directly into the fence, or would it be better to have the wire fixed to a on a hinged frame so that it can be opened back from the fence for maintainance. Thankyou DaveN.
28/04/2012 at 10:47
My wisteria buds look they are damaged due all the rain we have been having. Will it be ok? Will it flower properly? Joe from Ickenham Middlesex.
28/04/2012 at 13:59
ACER BRILLIANTISSIMUM

Can you tell me when and how I prune my Acer Brilliantissimum? It is looking a little congested and last year suffered from scale insect.

Anna Poole
28/04/2012 at 17:52
Hi Adam,

I have two large deciduous ferns ion my garden and I am a little concerned as neither seem to be doing anything. i thought I might have started to see some new growth by now. Is it still to early for them? We live in the Midlands.

Many thanks,

Julia Bochenski
29/04/2012 at 10:06
Should I pinch off the tips of my cosmos seedlings?
Arja
29/04/2012 at 10:40
Hi Adam, can you tell me the name of the capillary watering system you are installing in your greenhouse in the lastest editon of GW 'What to do now' section, please?
29/04/2012 at 11:33
How do I propogate Camellias?
Shirley Eade
29/04/2012 at 13:08
I have recently moved a smallish ceonothus but it is looking a bit sad and droopy will it pick up or was this the wrong time to move it
30/04/2012 at 17:50
I have a large amount of clover in patches over one acre of lawn
Can you advise me on getting rid and would the chemical be ok for animals.
Many thanks
Harry.
30/04/2012 at 22:36
Hi Adam I have a number of delphiniums but last year lost one. I have bought some young plants but I am reluctant to put them in the ground as I have lost young plants previously - they flowered in the first year then never came back. Should I leave the young plants in pots for the first year and put them into the ground next year or can I do anything to ensure they're strong enough to survive and come back next year. I have had my established plants for 10 years or more
01/05/2012 at 09:00
Hello Adam, I have a 10foot west facing wall that i would like to plant out in something that gives flowers, berries and greenery all year, something that bees, butterflies & birds are attracted to. I have small grandchildren who visit so something safe for them too! Any ideas?
01/05/2012 at 10:36
I planted a victoria plum in Feb, it hasn't developed any leaves except a couple about 1 cm above the scion. Is this the plum or the rootstock deveoping leaves?
CB2
06/05/2012 at 14:10
Hi Adam, I have what used to be a beautiful Caenothis tree. It was very well established and somewhat over grown. I asked the gardeners who maintain our communal area to trim it back and to my horror they did it so drastically that it looks like its been pollarded. This was in November last year and as yet there is no sign of anything growing back.
Is there any chance it will come back? I am missing the beautiful blue flowers and am so upset they might have killed it.
Many thanks
06/05/2012 at 15:29
Hi Adam. I have oleander plants of witch have never flowered ,though I tried all sorts of methods (pots as well as planted in the soil) they are cuttings from my mother's plants of wich flowered all the time,there are lots of oleanders in the neighborhood that flower beautifully.What may be the problem do you think?
07/05/2012 at 15:22
Our 5 year old beech hedge looked ill/dying in the winter. However, it appears to be starting to put out leaves, now. Should we feed it and if so what with? Andrew (Bournemouth)
11/05/2012 at 10:09
I have Vine Weevil in my containers how can I treat them without affecting my flowers and with what
13/05/2012 at 09:44
Hi Adam I have a lovely eucalyptus tree in my garden it is being strangled by well established ivy,do you have any suggestions to how i can get rid of the ivy? i have tryed pulling it off but not very easy, thanks
14/05/2012 at 16:25
Adam, Please can you tell me the make of the watering system you are using on p79 of the May issue of the GW mag? I have spent several hours scouring the internet, but I can't find anything just like the one you are using.

Many Thanks, Granny Spider
15/05/2012 at 15:37
I planted a pear tree aprox 3 months ago. It flowered and then the flowers turned black and died and now the leaves have curled up and are also turning black at the ends,they look like they have been burned.sited in sunny spot but rather windy.is the position wrong or is it diseased?
161 to 180 of 201 messages