London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 5°C
12 messages
01/11/2010 at 12:52
I have just been to our local authority's nursery "leftover " sale of winter bedding plants and yes the pansies and violas were selling like hotcakes but the cyclamen were not even getting to reach the polytunnels before they were snapped up. It was like, as one lady put it, letting a horde of children loose in a sweet shop! Seeing the massed effect of so many cheerful- faced pansies was a sight for sore eyes even at eight o'clock in the morning. All I need now is a week of good weather so I can give my haul their winter quarters.
01/11/2010 at 21:16
I have a plant growing in my dahlia container. it has leaves but no flowers at the moment, can anyone help me identify it please. how do I add a phot to my message Fred Mason
02/11/2010 at 05:55
I have found that Chrysanthemums are probably my favorite flowers of all time. I do, however, did enjoy this post and what other people voted on what they thought was their favorite flowers for the various seasons. It's not unlike parts of this website, I've read recently, Gardening Made Easy, which has several wonderful tips and an easy-to-read ebook. Keep up the good work!
02/11/2010 at 11:45
What a great idea to save money by buying spare plants in a sale at the local parks department. I haven't heard of these before. And freedfred87, try sending a photo by email attachment to Gardeners' World Magazine at gwqanda@bbc.co.uk, and we'll try and identify the plant for you. And like Ryan, my hardy chrysanths are coming into flower again. Aren't they reliable! Great value too.
03/11/2010 at 12:34
My locak parks department (Kings Park Glasgow)has a great nursery dept which sells plants and at the end of spring they leave all the dug up tulips aside for the public to help themselves to them. My chrysanths are still trying to flower too!
03/11/2010 at 12:57
Great money-saving tip, boabd. Certainly worth watching out for these freebies ... or should this be kept a secret or prevent too much demand? I wonder if other parks departments do the same thing?
04/11/2010 at 01:43
Nooooo, not bedding plants!
10/11/2010 at 15:11
brilliant idea i must find out whether my local authority does this too.
11/11/2010 at 13:58
Could you please advise me how to propagate and prune geraniums or which page i need to find this inormation. Thankyou. A Arthur
18/01/2011 at 04:22
brilliant idea i must find out whether my local authority does this too. http://www.vouchercodesworld.com
29/05/2011 at 10:40
How do I save for Primula/Primroses for next spring?
28/11/2011 at 18:41
i love the lupin it is in flower from may till late oct all i have to do is dead head what a plant
email image
12 messages