8 messages
28/07/2009 at 17:03
Oh, patientgardener - you have just dug up one of the best plants for bees! They just love it. I do hope you have replaced it with something as good for pollinators as our food supply depends on them.
31/07/2009 at 14:02
All these plants sound fabulous, but why not some fotos...as I LIVE IN THE mediterranean, dont know if they could be grown successfully here but i have plenty of water and room but wretched soil. any chance of fotos?
31/07/2009 at 14:51
Hello patrician, James has included links to images of each of the plants discussed in his blog - clicking the link from each plant name will take you to his lovely photos on flickr.com. Best, Daniel The Gardeners' World web team
02/08/2009 at 19:40
I have a plant that I cannot identify, my friend gave me a pot with "tubers" before she was posted to Cyprus, the label in the pot said Heliotropium-arbdr Marine. Now the plants has grown and it is not a Heliotropium, it has huge leaves and long stems with amazing flowers that the flies love. I have photos but how do I upload them. Would like to know!
03/08/2009 at 09:58
Hi, I have 2 lovely bay trees at my hall door but they have become covered in a black (gunge)which I think has something to do with aphids. Nothing I have put on them has cleared it so please HELP as they really look awfull.
07/08/2009 at 03:35
credit you for your dope and it helped me in preparing my college assignment.
10/08/2009 at 10:03
WElsh Wizard: You could upload it to Flickr or somewhere similar and then post the link. Difficult to identify it without a picture. Keelykins: Your bay trees are covered in sooty mould which is the result of aphid secretions. Wipe the leaves with soapy water and then feed the plant well as stronger , healthier plants are more likely to shrug off such things.
28/11/2011 at 18:39
I have just dug up most of my Inula hookeri. They were just no longer to my liking and dominated the border far too much. I can see they would be excellent in a different planting scheme though.
email image
8 messages