London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
9 messages
29/10/2009 at 05:12
Took cuttings of Virginia Creeper earlier in the year, they survived the summer and appear quite strong, just get them through the winter and then plant out. Hoping they will grow up over some trellis and provide some shade.
30/10/2009 at 09:13
Thanks for the comments about the virginia creeper. I have planted one this year and look forward to seeing its coloirs in the years ahead. Mine is planted next to a fence, between a ceonothus which has partial dead areas. I am hoping it won't take too long to fill in the gap.
04/11/2009 at 20:50
"All the Parthenocissus species are self-clinging and therefore require no supporting wires." Not quite true as P. inserta has only twinning tendrils. It is in the system as I have one over my garage which was a layer from somewhere else (oops unofficial propagation). P henryana often needs a little support until it start growing vigorously.
03/03/2010 at 19:48
can i split a boston creeper rootball in half without harming the plant.
04/06/2010 at 08:58
Good post and I love to follow the better side.keep sharing.
28/09/2010 at 08:34
Can you explain how you take a cutting from Virginia Creeper. I would like to have a go this autumn
22/09/2011 at 15:56
I am thinking about buying a 15 yr old house, half of which is covered in Boston Ivy - from foundations to the chimney pot and also encroaching over the windows. Am concerned about possible damage to fabric of the house and want to know whether I should get rid of it and what's the best way. Any thoughts anyone?
28/11/2011 at 18:39
I adore the quinquefolia version but it flopped all about until I tied it up a bit...adhesive pads didn't kick in properly for me until Y3 and later. But what a plant, and what colour.
11/10/2013 at 08:13

My Virginia Creeper seems to lose its leaves very quickly.  They turn a beautiful red, but then fall relatively quickly, robbing us of the enjoyment of looking at its bright red foliage.  are we doing something wrong, or is that normal for Virginia Creeper.

email image
9 messages