London (change)
Today 13°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
12 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:27
In my garden rockery in the gaps between the plants there always grows a lot of moss. I usually remove it by scraping it off but this also is removing the topsoil.
do you have any suggestions how else I can get rid of it.?
thank you.
24/11/2011 at 15:27
hello there my name is shane coley i live in st albans and have no garden or growing area but i m a keen gardener and am thinking of growing some veg indoors as a experimet to see what would happon im thinking of growing potatoes in big pots and would like to know if this is possible

yours syncerly shane thank you for your time in reading this email hope to hear from u soon
24/11/2011 at 15:28
Hi there,

For the first time I have grown a 'Canna Indica' As the weather is now cooler I have moved it into my small green house. What I would like to know is should I cut it down and wrap it in fleece, or should I wait until the leaves die back? I also have two banana plants and the same question applies to them.I look forward to your replies.

Thank you

Elaine.
24/11/2011 at 15:29
Is there any other way to kill off, the roots are coming from under neighbours house and have pets and small child
06/03/2012 at 14:33
I gave up fighting them. Instead, I allowed them to grow against the wall next to the main entrance of the house. They have beautiful white flowers attracting lots of bees and other insects, and tasty berries - birds do enjoy them as do visitors (especially kids) when waiting at the door. Finally these berries taste way better than the berries from thornless brambles. A real luxury, all for free...
08/03/2012 at 18:19
Hello
Having just retired I decided to take on an allotment
that had been vacated a couple of years ago.
The problem is it is covered in brambles.
Fortunately I have been given access to a rotivator at a very reasonable rate.
My question is will turning the plot over without removing the brambles give me more problems than removing the brambles first.
I would welcome any comments.
Ron
08/03/2012 at 19:15

Not the ideal way but at least it will make allow you to get growing and make it easier to pull out any that start to grow.

08/03/2012 at 19:56

Brambles are hard to get rid of. The not only seed, but regrow from layering. I would dig out as much as you can and then rotovate, removing any more that you find.Rotavating and then adding manure to the soil will be adavantagous when finally planting and growing your crops.

09/03/2012 at 08:25
i am disabled have two dogs and over run with brambles could you help
09/03/2012 at 19:24

where are you? i'll bring my cutters and fork

14/03/2012 at 12:31

I have resigned myself to the fact that there will be a permanent spot for brambles at the bottom of my garden where the foxes live. I have managed to erradicate them from the rest of the garden and provided you cut off any long tendrals before they touch the ground (which is when these root and form a new plant) they are pretty easy to keep under control. As well as this they are excellent for attracting butterflies and bees and provide stunning fruit ...

23/05/2012 at 13:13
Is there a chemical spray that does not kill great crested newts - but kills brambles.
email image
12 messages