London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 16°C
6 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:29
Item three is only necessary to correct your failure to consider the bottom profile at Item one. On a large pond this is a lot of unnecessary work.
04/02/2012 at 16:35
how do I build a stream ending in a pond. It is a fairly steep slope ending in a fairly flat area. It would be lovely to have a "stream". I cannot find any info on the type of pump needed and how high a ump will pump water uphill, the length of the strem ould be about 15 meters. with one or two possible "drops". Any advise would be appreciated. thanks.
24/04/2012 at 08:35
Bradshaws offer various guidanc you mention on all the issues
24/04/2012 at 19:38

the hieght of the drop is the thing that needs to be worked out a regular pump will do but it will need a high lph rating youi will then need to construct the slope and the pond then purchases some plastic tubing that will fit the outlet of tyhe pump and lead this from the pump which will be placed in the pond to the head of the stream then disguise the piping and turn on the pump ensure that the pond can take the excess water that will be in circulation when the pump is turned off so that the pond doesnt overflow

18/07/2012 at 06:21
This would be more helpful if the picturres were bigger to enable a better view of the process - thank you :)
07/05/2014 at 18:22
I agree with the comment that the pond will seem smaller when planted. I have just dug my second and therefore larger pond although I have read that a series of ponds works really well for wildlife. I have a garage nearby and could install a downpipe and then a pipe, half pipe or rill across a short piece of lawn to the new pond, thus supplying the pond with lots of rainwater. Seemed like a good idea but am worried about flooding as the amount of water going into the water butt at the other side of the garage can be quite something. Any ideas?
email image
6 messages