London (change)
Today 20°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 16°C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
07/09/2009 at 11:34
Reply to Anonymous: Nothing to do with us then! I think most people can surely tell the difference between these two common native butterflies. They're both beautiful, but the peacock is probably a more frequent visitor to my garden than the red admiral.
14/11/2009 at 09:22
It is certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
28/11/2011 at 18:37
I think we gardeners must accept some responsibility. Mowing our lawns leads to a loss of nectar-rich habitat... pruning, weeding, tidying our gardens reduces available food sources as well as resulting in many chrysalises ending up on the compost heap. And while we hate to see the destruction of our plants, we must remember that the collections of eggs under leaves and the voracious caterpillars devouring our crops/ornamentals are often the eggs and caterpillars of these endangered species. Here's to relaxing a little, allowing our lawns grow, not using sprays and letting nature take its course. What's a few plants when the end result is something as beautiful and magical as a butterfly?
email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages