London (change)
Wed 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 9°C
21 to 40 of 40 messages
05/09/2009 at 17:17
Hello I have 2 lemon trees. One has lemons and the other one nothing. They stand next to each other. I live on the costa brava, so no complaints with the cold. This summer especially it was very hot. the trees have plenty of water. Can you tell me why my one lemon tree has not got any fruit ? Also the orange tree, last year 24 oranges, this year 1. Help thank you
28/10/2009 at 12:19
I have a lemon tree which was outside and I have now brought it into the conservatory. I have noticed some leaves sticking together and when looking closely two catapillars (green) fell out and also some other bugs when you pressed them blood came out of them, not sure what these are and how to get rid of them. Any ideas please?
26/11/2009 at 19:30
I bought a zcar plum tree on Nov26,I pruned it to get it to fit where i wanted to plant it have done wrong.
06/12/2009 at 23:43
I HAVE LEMONS FROM AN ORNIMENTAL LEMON TREE. cAN THIS FRUIT BE EATEN?
10/12/2009 at 10:02
Familytripper, It sounds as if your apple had powdery mildew. A common problem on appleas, but, as you will now have seen, it won't significantly harm the tree. At this time of year I suggest you simply rake up fallen leaves to reduce the risk of any infection carry over and then, when you do your winter pruning, make sure you prune out any stems showing silvery-white deposits, as these may be overwintering mildew.
22/12/2009 at 17:41
I've just been bought a lemon tree which already has 12 fruit growing. I did have it by my patio windows, in the kitchen which is pretty cold at this time of year, and was keeping it in a shallow tray of water as it seemed very dry when I received it. I have not fed it, and there's a possibility it is pot-bound. Now the leaves are drooping and curling. The label gives little info but says to water sparingly and mist daily, which I have started to do but little improvement is showing over the last three days? Any tips on care please? Thank you
28/12/2009 at 16:25
i,ve got to plant a apple tree .when the best time the ground is so cold with frost,shoud i plant it anyway
04/01/2010 at 11:25
I had bought me for Christmas a small pot Lemon Tree,( complete with 2 Lemons) Not having any experience what so ever on looking after this can you help please. At the same time I had a small pot Orange bush (clementine) complete with approx 12 fruit, again can you please give advise on how to look after same? thankyou in anticipation.
04/01/2010 at 14:39
Another query I'm afraid. I'm in my second winter with my lemon tree and there's a bright yellow mould on the soil. It's probably very basic, but does anyone know what it is and if it's terminal?
21/02/2010 at 18:12
Iwas wondering if any one else has this problem,or is it just me,but my Cordon apple tree produces plenty of flowers but no fruit last year and it's not that old.Would love any ideas,before i consider giving it the chop,as it is really pretty as a tree. (Hope this is an ok question as never used the blog before)Thanks.
22/02/2010 at 11:05
If a tree looks healthy and flowers well but sets no fruit, I suggest first check that there is at least one suitable pollinator tree in the area, if not there will be no fruit, and remember it needs to be in flower at the same time as your other apple! But severe weather such as wet or wind can prevent pollinators from doing their stuff too !
27/02/2010 at 09:36
Nearest nurseries are always play a good role while planting a single fruit garden at nearest their residence drip irrigation
28/03/2010 at 16:18
Please could you advise me if I could grow a victoria plum tree in a pot and if so what is the name of the best ones and what size does the pot have to be
16/04/2010 at 12:28
I have a lemon tree, bought last year with one lemon, which we ate. Lots of flowers at the moment. Do I need to do anything to get fruit? It is indoors in a cool cloakroom, window open sometimes. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you Karen
07/05/2010 at 13:08
What can be done to stop a minitre cherry tree from peeling? the shoots are not coming through on the branches near the problem.
06/06/2010 at 15:05
I wonder if you could help me. I have a patio cherry tree and have noticed at the moment the top leaves are developing little holes. Have you any suggestion as to why this is and what l should do about it.
10/07/2010 at 08:27
Hi I bought a lemon tree in Jan. It had one lemon on it which is still green. Should it have turned yellow by now? It's got other green fruit coming and it also has sprouted a new shoot of about 2ft from the centre of the tree. Is this normal or should I cut it off? The tree is thriving in my conservatory and very healthy. Any answers please?
17/03/2011 at 17:15
My Lemon tree has lost most of it's leaves during the winter, will it recover on it's own or is there something I should do? It was kept outside last summer but then put in our cool conservatory over winter.
28/11/2011 at 18:38
just wondering if anyone has had success with bud grafting. our height here is 700mtrs above sea level so the seasons are later. I have been grafting on to wild plum what type I don't know but they are vigorous. I have been carrying this out over the winter period and so far all is looking well. It is all a bit experimental as I am trying pear and apples and cherries too. Will keep you posted on the outcome of our semi wild attempts.
01/04/2012 at 13:52

iv just seen an advert for miniture patio fruit trees from a national paper.they are selling four trees in the package. a golden delicious apple,a pear,a plum and a red gala apple.Dont these trees need to be in pairs for pollenation ie male and female or are they likely to be self pollenating.please help.

email image
21 to 40 of 40 messages