London (change)
Sun 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
11 messages
25/01/2009 at 18:04
This variety looks gorgeous. I'll have to find some to grow this year. My biggest problem growing them is that lily beetle always attack them. Any ideas for keeping lily beetle away?
26/01/2009 at 16:23
Hi Thompsom and morgan are selling what they call Tree lily. I have ordered some but was wondering if any of the readers or viewers have any and how well they are performing...They say they get 8-10 ft high.....
26/01/2009 at 20:51
I'll be growing T&M's tall-growing "tree lilies" this summer to report back in Gardeners' World Magazine next year. If anyone is trying them this summer then do let us know how you get on at gwletters@bbc.co.uk Happy Gardener, as far as lily beetle are concerned, you can spray with insecticide to prevent attack. Alternatively be vigilant! Lily beetle start attacking fritillarias in spring, and then move on to lilies. I check plants daily if possible, looking for signs of red beetles at the tip or evidence of leaves being nibbled. Pick off and destroy any pests you find.
31/01/2009 at 18:05
please can anyone tell me of the best way of keeping plants off a few plants that are in beds that I do not want to surround with fences do the chemicals work when sprayed on the plants thanks in advance
31/01/2009 at 18:06
sorry the above post was supposed to read rabbits
19/03/2009 at 11:23
I bought some Tree Lily Bulbs and planted them today. Can anyone tell me roughly how long they take to come through please ?
24/03/2009 at 12:44
To answer my above question they are peeping through already.
11/04/2009 at 14:27
I recently bought from t & m 9 tree lilies which have been growing over winter in a large container and are now ready fro planting out into the garden. Can anyone recommend planting distances? Thanks
16/09/2010 at 10:07
I have grown some tree lily's this year and they did quite well. As the petals have dropped can anyone tell me when do I cut the stalks down. Is it now or do I leave them till they die down?
16/07/2011 at 14:07
my small garden is a glorius sight and the scent isout this world.i'm only sad when they 'drop'///.i mleave in the ground and so far everything 's fine.i want more///
28/11/2011 at 18:37
i have lillies growing in pots and in my garden im addicted to any lilly i love them there smell is beautiful but the lilly beetle is a battle i spray and kill them with my fingerson a daily basis
email image
11 messages