London (change)
Thu 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
21 to 26 of 26 messages
26/07/2010 at 14:37
My camellia has little (1/2" - 1") green balls all over it. Are these just seed pods, or is it some evil critter I need to dispose of?
21/03/2011 at 11:57
i hope someone can help me. i have a camelia in pot and it has always grown and flowered beautifully. I am not a gardener but i have looked after this as it has particular sentimental value to me. during this past winter i wrapped it in bubble wrap to protect from the frost/snow. when i removed the bubble wrap the plant proceeded to lose a lot of leaves and has now lost all but 3 leaves. (Prior to protecting in bubble wrap it had many glossy green leaves and appeared to be in perfect health.) There are lots of buds but these are now brown (but have not fallen). I have sadly had to assume that it has died. Can anyone confirm this for me or point me in the right direction of what to do to re-produce the leaves and some flowering buds for next spring. Many thanks in anticipation of your response.
08/04/2011 at 14:36
I have a ten year old camellia, roughly 5 foot tall. After the extreme weather it is noe just a mass of bare branches. I noticed at the weekend, in a nearby National Trust garden, that 3 camellia's all of a similar size of mine were in the same condition. I have asked various people including a gardener at the NT garden whether the camellia was dead. Advised to wait until at least june to see if it will come back. Looks doubtful to me though.
09/04/2011 at 21:03
I have just moved, and discovered i have a Camellia, how do i care for it? do i have to feed it? it's so lovely. Can you help please.
28/11/2011 at 18:30
My two Camelia's are just coming into flower too, reminding me of spring and just how beautiful they are too, am too hoping for a milder spell of weather so that I can enjoy their blooms for as long as possible.
30/09/2012 at 22:53

My camellia Japonica produced a see pod this year. By the time I discovered it the outer husk had opened to reveal the inner seed. After searching around on t'internet to try and find out some information about this occurence and how to propagate said seed pod, I decided to lightly crack the inner pod to aid germination? Rightly or wrongly I am glad I did because inside was a juicy grub. The only tell tale sign that a grub had infiltrated the seed was a tiny hole which had been sealed. Does anyone have any knowledge about what kind of grub it might have been and how it enters and presumably one day leaves the confines of its incubator.

email image
21 to 26 of 26 messages