Start a new thread

1 to 14 of 14 replies

i once gave my dad a ball of string for christmas. I was four and convinced that's what he wanted. Not sure I got that quite right.
last year I got a ball of twine on a spindle and a pair of scissors a stainless steel trowel and fork, christmas heaven!!!!!!
When the days are cold and stormy, I just get out my garden planters and create - either great arrangements for the house or wonderful containers for those Christmas towels and soaps in the bathroom.
Christmas pressies this year are wellies for daughter and son-in-law with thick socks so I can have mine back, Dad some pruning tools as he's mislaid his thats through his old age, I want some new buckets to keep all the foliage that I cut for my class of ladies that I teach in my workshops as I have so much that I run out of them and now have to use the dustbin.

I have a giant poppy out for a month now and its in full bloom, is that normal. I live outside Torbay and we have had frosts.
I would love an old fashioned wire hoe but cannot seem to get hold of one these days - if anyone has any ideas where I could buy one I would be very grateful.
I rather doubt it, Ms Sock, I fear that the large hole on the underside of the left toe precludes such elevated kinship.
I got 3 great gardening prezzies this christmas -1, brother label printer -2, welly warmers -3, burts bees farmers friend hand salve I'm getting quite a collection of burts bees and I must say its better than any thing else I've tried and I have tried loads.All theese prezzies were from my lovely other half.Happy gardening to all for 2009.
i got leather gloves more staging for the greenhouse new spade and fork and with the money i had .Bought a new plastic composter from a well know store for only £15.00 saving £15.00 a new pair of sceters and a bag plus a sign to say i am in the garden.Asmall bin for the green house and a light to see what is going on when i come home from work as i go out at 6each morning and get home between 7-8 in the evening .
I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work Look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Thank you Valentinstag. Incidentally, my other blog can be found here:
Hello James, as a very messy "potter-upper", a set of pot/seed tray tampers in various sizes were a real bonus last year. I always intended to make my own but never got round to it. The socks sound good though. Merry Christmas.