London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
14 messages
19/10/2009 at 15:48
I don't care if a plant is fashionable or not, if I like it I plant it in my garden. My eldest son bought me a house plant pot of Chrysanth's for mother's day this year and when it had finished flowering indoor's (which was ages) I cut it down and planted it in the garden where it is now flowering again a lovely bright yellow to make me smile now that the Dahlia flowers have been killed by the first frosts.
20/10/2009 at 10:27
Hi there I would like to find out where to buy the daffodil bulbs with the rose scent that was featured in your programme a few weeks ago pleae?
21/10/2009 at 19:50
Adam, I tried, Lord knows I tried, to like chrysanthemums, but there is just no chemistry between us. It sounds like you are on a crusade to rehabilitate misunderstood plants. I feel certain acubas can't be far behind... Since I like to think I have an open mind, I am planning on going to the open day at Chrysanthemums Direct on November 6th. Their nursery is in Cheshire, you must e-mail first to register for the tour info@chrysanthemumsdirect.co.uk. Will let you know if there has been a change of heart!
21/10/2009 at 21:41
Reply to Lila: Love them, or hate them ... chrysanthemums are one of those plants that divide people, I know, just like gladioli and many others. However, there's no doubting their popularity. Thankfully you have an open mind, and I'm sure that when you delve deeper into the wonderful world of chrysanths you'll discover some you like, and perhaps even one you couldn't live without. Well, here's hoping!
22/10/2009 at 20:22
chrysanthemum and Dahla show that I went to at the Toyota building in Burgh Heath Surrey was an eye opener, never seen so many beautiful plants every colour and shape,I have only ever grown the normal type, but these were grown by people that spend their lives looking for perfection, what a treat.
23/10/2009 at 18:58
I love chrysanthemums and Im sure a few weeks ago Gardens World on the tv went somewhere and showed I really good collection, but cant remember where. Thought it was Harlow Carr but they say they have none on display. Any takers as to where it was ; )
29/10/2009 at 05:20
I too love chrysanthemums, and they grow really well here in Bulgaria.Some neighbours have such beautiful displays. They are very useful as a cut flower in the house as cut flowers are very expensive to buy here, thats the one thing I miss, its being able to buy a large bunch of flowers for the house. So now trying to grow my own, and chrysanths get top marks.
29/10/2009 at 21:01
Yes to the chrysants. I have lovely blooms in yellow, pink and white,all cuttings from the year round pots sold in supermarkets. . bettall
29/10/2009 at 22:07
Sunday November 1st there is a Chrysanth show at Abinger Hammer on the way to Guildford following the road from Dorking in Surrey. time 2 oclock if any one is interested.
05/11/2009 at 19:49
I have a question about composting. I have a cat who uses a litter tray which is filled with the wood based pellet litter you can buy. If I remove the "solid matter" from the tray, is it ok to put the "wet" litter in my compost bin?
07/11/2010 at 13:24
hi, we have a very small garden. this year my husband has had a wonderfull show of chrysanths at his first attempt. we now need to know how to take some cuttings.could someone give us some ad
22/09/2011 at 22:09
I love chrysanths.So many memories of them. This year trying to cope with a wet summer;it threw all my plans as to having some chrysanths. for autumn.Planning to rectify that for next season I have plumped for early decoratives. All my gardens is in pots. Any suggestions?
22/10/2011 at 20:15
Thankfully some bloggers can write. My thanks for this blog!!!
28/11/2011 at 18:39
I love Chrysanths too - the smell is just pure Autumn! I have them growing in my conservatory as well as the garden and they just last for ages when all else has died.
email image
14 messages