London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
20/07/2013 at 22:03

I love all the clover in our lawn, especially when speckled with white flowers.  It means that our lawn is lush and green and cool to walk on in hot weather when others are brown and crispy.  I have even bought Crimson Clover as a green manure for the veg patch.

20/07/2013 at 22:56

I have a clover lawn, kept so that the bees are happy. Could esily treat it so that it goes but won't have it done.

Don't cut grass too short either.

21/07/2013 at 19:57

I do not mind Clover lawns - in the park. Too much looks like you have the gardening skills of a drunkard. To get rid of it you need to rake the clover in all directions to lift the stalk before mowing it close. Herbicides kill the foliage but not the roots, so it comes back, though very weakened. You must remove the flowers (yes Bees like it but it is your lawn not a wildlife preserve) as they contain 100's of black seeds that germinate easily.

21/07/2013 at 21:07
I love clover too - and I love bees! They are meant for each other! Having
watched the bees today in the clover on my lawn I think that
maybe they like it better than my wildflower garden!!
22/07/2013 at 17:09

I have clover in mine, love seeing the bees feeding from it, also my rabbit loves eating it when in his run on the grass.  I also encourage dandelions as my rabbit loves the leaves, keeps them all happy.

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages