London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
7 messages
23/03/2012 at 21:39
Hi Kate just dug out two dead or dying Ceanothus almost trees
, they were the only plant's left in the borders after the big clear out of 48 tree from front and back gardens when we moved here 10 years ago,it look's like our Cherry is about to break in to flower again it started last November but there seems plenty of buds so the false start hasn't done to much damage.

Oldchippy.
29/03/2012 at 18:23
how do i grow jersalem artichokes - in pots or ground for eating as well as flowers
29/03/2012 at 18:30
lawn shld i replace with gravel or seek an alternative such as canomile currently lawn is a mixture of moss and wild grass
31/03/2012 at 08:33
HI EVERYONE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I HAD A DROUGHT. BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE NORTH WEST I GOT A LOT OF RAIN BUT THERE WAS A PIPE DOWN THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE THAT HAD CLEAN WATER FROM EVERY TIME SOMEBODY WENT THE TOILET OR HAD A BATH SO I HOOKED A PIPE UP TO IT AND PUT IN ALL IN A WATER BUTT. THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF WATERING 100S OF PLANTS AND 2 TREES
05/04/2012 at 19:11
are we allowed to use drip irrigation on our veg?
26/04/2012 at 20:15
Looking at the April weather we have been having, this must be the wettest drought there has ever been! Seriously, we have two water butts on our greenhouse and five on our house. We have now ordered two more, as it seems impossible to collect enough water to stop them running dry through the summer months. Good large butts are quite expensive, by the time you add on the base and the linking kits. It would be cheaper to just use tap water, I am beginning to think, but rain water is much better for plants. And I wash my car with it, too!
26/04/2012 at 20:54

Nonsense. Water butts don't have to be those expensive ones garden centres sell. My water butts (3) were free from a chemical company obtained twenty years ago. A fourth one cost me #10 from a farmer, and my biggest one #15. In total 433 gallons of rainwater and they are still overflowing. The connections are odd lengths of plastic pipe and taps, with concrete blocks beneath the butts.

email image
7 messages