Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Courgette rot

rojeffrojeff Posts: 1
I'd like some tips about how to grow potatoes in containers

• Hope to get a better summer this year then!
  • SueNSueN Posts: 1
    I'm growing courgettes for the first time this year. I've put them in pots as I don't have a lot of room in the garden. I keep checking them over and found a bit of grey mould on the leaves so I cut them out. Hope I get some courgettes to eat!!
  • i love this artical because every year i get this with my cougettes so its very help ful
  • Hi

I’m growing courgettes for the first time this tear, and all I’m growing is massive leaves with large flower on long stems, out of 4 plants there are 3 fruits.

PS is it ok to cut off leaves.

Can you help?

Siorapwil
  • how deep should i have planted my beetroots as some of them are laying on their side.
    they were started from seeds in a small pots
  • GrowmoreMoe

wanting to know how to tell the difference in Male and Female courgettes I have lots of lovely flowers but only one of two of my plants are producing and fruit
  • This article has been very helpful as I have just found this problem on one of my courgettes. Thanks.
  • WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

siorapwil, why do you want to cut off the leaves?  The leaves of the plants are the powerhouses.  If you cut them off the plant will not thrive.  By all means cut off tired, dying leaves, but leave the other leaves alone!.

GrowmoreMoe, female courgettes look like little courgettes just behind the flower.  There are always more male flowers before there are female ones.

latestarter, the beetroot will sort themselves out.  Well, they usually do.  Most seed packets give too great a depth for seed planting I find.

• PretzelPretzel Posts: 15
    I have just one courgette plant left after this year's awful weather. Found the second to last yesterday with not a single leaf or flower, just chewed stumps. Is it too late to sow more seeds?!
  • WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Yes!