Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Edible flowers

Me and my family has always eaten 'em, most of the time even Grown them ourselves
Guess we're just weird...

• Can you eat geranium flowers?
  • Reply to JerseyCotillard: I haven't tried them myself, but have read that flowers and leaves of many Pelargonium species are edible. I'd recommend doing a bit of internet research to find someone who has practical experience.

This article by Pauline Lloyd looks interesting: http://www.btinternet.com/~bury_rd/ediblefl.htm
  • Adam, if you dry pot marigold petals for thw winter and put them in soups and stews you will then get addad flavour - it is delicious.
  • Will try dandelion, as they seem to just pop up everywhere. What about clover,white/mauve? seem to remember as a child eating mauve coloured flowers.
  • I have alwayas used nasturtium flowers and believe you can eat the leaves as well. I am sure that my dad used to use the seeds pickled as "capers". How about courgette flowers - delicious dipped in a light batter and deep fried - I first ate those in France over 20 years ago
  • testing how to use a blog
  • Will defo have to try some of the dandelion x
  • I could not eat any flowers out of the garden wheather they are edible or not
  • can you eat primrose
  • Oh, edible flowers eh? That old chestnut. Well, that old herbstrewn salad more like it!
    In the olden days, before vegetables were healthy, my old Dad used to send me out to eat half the herb garden as a punishment when I complained of undue flatulence.Talk about CO2 emissions there!
    Nux vomica was another homeopathic remedy he swore by - & we sweared at!
    You can keep your Jamie's matey - give me Adam the gardener & a colourful bowl of mixed salad anyday! Wind assisted radishes ahoy...