London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
27/02/2010 at 17:05
I am having the same problem as Christina. I have put out bird feeders but have seen them being visited by rats. We live close to fields and rats have been a problem in the past. I would be very interested to hear whether anyone has found a way to deter the rats but encourage the birds.
19/03/2010 at 12:40
Birds do not seem to be coming to my garden to feed any more. I put out a variety of food,I do get quite a few pidgieons could be this be the course? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
09/04/2010 at 11:21
I am feeding sunbirds with sugar solution. They are breeding now twice faster then usual. I made the feeder my self: you can see the instructions at http://build-hummingbirds-feeder.blogspot.com/ Alon Israel
08/05/2010 at 13:36
I recntly bought a bird feeder that sticks on the window, as my dad cannot see well - fine until we've ended up with seagulls sitting on the windsill trying to eat the goodies. Any suggestions for feeding garden birds, but NOT the seagulls - who also come to our back door and steal odd dog food biscuits out from under their noses!
28/11/2011 at 18:40
Can anyone help with feeding birds but deterring seagulls? They knock over the bird bath (or stand in it) and nick all the food Cages don't work --they stand on it and frighten the small birds
email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages