London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 20°C
14 messages
18/12/2008 at 16:55
I don't know whether this really counts as a garden but .... at this time of year we love watching The Sound of Music .... wouldn't it be fab to have such a beautiful stone verandah with steps leading down to a lake with the Austrian Alps behind?! (Yes - I know that the real von Trapp family home was probably not like that!
18/12/2008 at 23:04
I LOVED THAT MOVIE. IT WAS INTERESTING TO SEE HOW PEOPLE GOT INTO COUNTRIES THROUGH MARRIAGE. NEWER AND MORE UNIQUE WAYS HAVE BEEN USED SINCE THEN AND WILL PROBABLY CAUSE FURTHER INSPIRATION. I DIDN'T FULLY REALIZED HOW GREEN MY THUMB OR AURA REALLY WAS BACK THEN, BUT NOW THAT I'VE BLOSSOMED INTO A GARDEN NUT, I CAN LOOK BACK AND SEE HORTICULTURAL REASONS FOR SOME OF THE MOVIES THAT I ENJOYED. I'VE RECCOMMENDED THIS MOVIE FOR OTHERS TO LOOK FOR, GUESS I'LL HAVE TO SEARCH IT OUT AGAIN AND SOME OF THE OTHERS MENTIONED TOO. I DO REMEMBER SEEING A MOVIE WHERE PRISONERS GARDENED, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER A ONE-ARMED GARDENER. ANYHOW I'M A CANADIAN AND I LOVE GARDENER'S WORLD. I'M OF DUTCH/BELGIAN DISCENT, TWO GENERATIONS REMOVED, SORT OF. - RAVEN VAN LEISHOUT ravenvanleishout@hotmail.com
27/01/2009 at 00:31
Hi... How about Derek Jarman's The Garden.. bit esoteric, but nonetheless lovely... and there was a film in the 80s starring Madhur Jaffrey (yes she of cookery programmes fame) as an Indian woman living in England and making a wonderful garden.... also The Singing Ringing Tree cult children's TV series (got me started in gardening I reckon)... hmmm - will keep thinking. x Elspeth
27/01/2009 at 00:37
The film I was thinking of is called The Assam Garden - think it was with Deborah Kerr as well as Madhur Jaffrey and really rather good... x Elspeth
02/02/2009 at 11:34
The Singing Ringing Tree gave me nightmares.
14/02/2009 at 00:58
The new gardens on the show nowadays are not a patch on Geoff Hamilton in his way if you couldn't aford to buy what you needed in the garden he would build it. It beginning to seem that if you havn't got a bank account as long as your arm you can't be a gardener and it's a shame its going like that.
04/09/2009 at 07:24
How about 'The Constant Gardener'? Absolutely nothing about gardens but, hey, if you've given up the allotment in favour of the telly for the day, it's an excellent film.
12/01/2010 at 19:12
How about the kooky movie "Saving Grace", starring Brenda Blethyn & Craig Ferguson.
10/07/2010 at 01:57
Our business creates a matter birthday card on the footing of unexcelled and pretty projects. These projects are carried out by way of the cards the first mace of unmistakable artists and designers in the market who are experts in every intelligibility of the word. They are also extraordinarily flexible, so you can complete completely engaging trade file card designs, depending on the solitary needs of each client. We do not own a mistress printing machines undertaking the highest blue blood of each own card. Broad selection of paper allows you to into the expectations of even the most demanding customers from every conceivable industry. We certify the wording and advantage of huge quantities of enterprise cards in the shortest conceivable time. In our what really happened, the highest value is the amends of the proposed value and reliable amenities from people receiving and carrying out an busted recompense corporation cards. With access to the services offered past our website, you can post-haste and without undue formalities stick an degree for goods, comment the project and approved it and ordered some business cards. Choose our company as a righteous business membership card is much a guarantee fitting for success. Greet Merio Kalendarze
16/07/2010 at 20:33
Great information, thanks at all! Much appricated!
15/04/2011 at 19:26
Hello everybody, how do you do My nominate's Pigeon Johnny LA symph's the company I skilled in what you're point of view Who is this dumb-bell My hero's Pigeon Johnny I make the ladies drool Not as a matter of fact but it sounds cool though
11/08/2011 at 18:11
Hello me and some freinds have made a film in college about a couple of Disafected Jobbing Gardeners. Its called The Gardeners. I would love to hear some comments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQF9r-GkZ3w
28/11/2011 at 18:37
I have all the Peter Greenaway films, because they are all so beautiful, but the Draughtsman's Contract was the one that started me off collecting them. I love that garden and visit it often, as my mother lives nearby. I can't add to your list, though. So often film-makers use a garden from one house and the house but not the garden, which is very confusing.
12/04/2012 at 22:12
The serpent's kiss
email image
14 messages