London (change)
Today 27°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 20°C
3 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:27
My teenage son has developed a passion for cacti. I hadn't thought about growing cacti from seed but having read how easy it is I shall give it a try and involve Danny too.
23/12/2012 at 17:26
I have alot of cacti,some are very old and out growing the pots,this year they have got a yellow tinge to them,yet they have been treated the same as always,I wonder if the lack of sun was the problem or too cold,only one flowered this year.
23/12/2012 at 20:22

I've only about half a dozen cacti now which I 've had for years, in 2011 after growing them in the GH for the summer, must have over watered them because six plants caved  in over the course of that winter and went gooy inside.

Mine get vey little sun and are grown indoors, some on a window ledge which only gets sun the last hour in an evening during the summer and the other plants get no direct sun at all.

I'm no expert as mine seem to thrive from neglect. They have never flowered although they sometimes have what look like dead flower heads on them. Yours could be pot bound and may need potting up,I'm happy to be wrong though.

If you do pot up, only pot up one pot size, I've found they grow better in smallish pots.

email image
3 messages