London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
5 messages
20/08/2009 at 14:56
Easy gardening. I agee with your sentiment. In practice it's not so simple to keep on top of. Note the story on bindweed! what I have found is less is more, get some good landscaping done, plantex or similar to keep the weeds down, find some easy to maintain high impact plants and the accessorize!! I found some great stuff at www.gardenloverz.co.uk.
10/09/2009 at 21:07
I think that the British town and countryside would benefit if the railway companies were to sow wild flower seeds on the banks so that bees and butterflies have a continuous nectar bar through out the country.
14/09/2009 at 10:20
Susan16pen: I may have been a bit over simple. By disturb ground I mean that you should remove grass, perennial weeds etc. After that it really is that simple. Kaycurtis: You are right of course. There is a pretty vigorous Buddleia population beside railway lines.They also provide good cover for all sorts of scuttling mammals. It would be quite an expensive option to seed all the embankments.
21/10/2009 at 21:44
Stunning and relatively straightforward: http://www.habitataid.co.uk/acatalog/Meadow_Planting_Guide.html
28/11/2011 at 18:39
These all look vey pretty but can I actually do this in a patch of my gaden? Ithought some care ful preparing of ground was needed and what ? Ruth
email image
5 messages