7 messages
13/02/2013 at 17:29
I haven't had many birds in my either, and RSPB Bird Watch was disapointing to say the lest as I hardly counted any birds compared to last year.
Just lately though I have notice the Blue Tits starting to check out the nesting boxes and I've got two Robins coming into the garden, so spring must be just around the corner, I hope.
13/02/2013 at 17:55

As I live in belgium, I didn't do the RSPB bird count but I have had loads of birds in the garden at the various feeders as well as some good sitings in the marshy paddocks next door and across the road:-

blackbird, buzzard, crow, chaffinch, coal tit, dunnock, great white egret, Egyptian goose, fieldfare, great tit, blue tit, marsh tit, greater spotted woodpecker, grey heron, house sparrow, magpie, mallard, pheasant, robin, sparrowhawk, starling, turtle dove and wren.   I've also heard barn owls but not seen them and today was bright and sunny and I heard a chiffchaff.

13/02/2013 at 18:47
On the day of the bird count I was at my mum and dads - not one bird! And yet if I had been in my flat I would have been able to count loads of birds, we have all varietiies here. It was disappointing but mum and dad never have many birds were they live, mainly pigeons, a lot of grass, greenery and trees there so it is a mystery. Barbara
14/03/2013 at 20:57
was watching a little jenny wren picking all round the garden this afternoon, so cute
14/03/2013 at 20:58
Got the woodpecker back , little wren...the usual starlings and sparrows, blackbirds ...not much else though .
14/03/2013 at 22:45

The results of The Big Bird Watch will be out sometime this month,  will be interesting this year I think.

14/03/2013 at 22:46
Do you think it will be different rain ?
email image
7 messages