Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
19 messages
10/06/2009 at 14:56
please could somebody tell me where and when is the show on i live in dublin
10/06/2009 at 15:29
http://www.bbcgardenersworldlive.com/
11/06/2009 at 10:02
i went to chelsea for the first time this year,the show gardens were of an outstanding quality,but my favourite for value of plant shopping will always be malvern
11/06/2009 at 18:29
i have been to gardeners world live today, i was shooted at as they were filming and i took a picture woops sorry toby. saw the digin van was amazing in the the rhs hall, so much talent bought some nice plants see you all there next year
11/06/2009 at 21:23
WOW !! First time visit Weds 10.06.09. Very impressed with all, well done for the planning of all the gardens. Definately go next year (s).
11/06/2009 at 21:59
Just got home from Brum and I'm whacked - first time visit and thoroughly enjoyed ALL of it. marquee fabulous, gardens terrific, Send A Cow just wonderful. Only quibble - had to wait from 9.00 to 9.40a.m. for tickets to theatre - no internet for Gardener's World computers! Missed all that time of viewing the exhibits.
12/06/2009 at 11:52
I prefer GW Live to Chelsea anyway. Went there once and was terribly disappointed - all those lovely flowers and hardly any for sale, except at the sell-off. I wandered round the marquee, writing a massive list of 'must buy' plants, but could I get them at the show? No. By contrast, GW Live had loads of places selling almost any plant I saw at the show! I know which gets my vote!!!
12/06/2009 at 18:54
We have been to the GW Live show for many years now and although we always have a great day out we have been disappointed the last few years to see it reduce in size. We have been today & the plant marquee seemed less full & there was lots on unused space in the main halls. One of the stallholders told us that it was expensive to have a stall site - maybe the organisers could consider reducing this cost or we may lose the GW show stands altogether & the GF show will take over!!
13/06/2009 at 17:50
Just got back from a fantastic day at Gardeners World Live. I've just one question - why didn't the nursery rhyme garden get a medal? It was far better than some of the other gardens and always surrounded by a crowd of people enjoying the flowers and ryhmes.
13/06/2009 at 18:04
My visit to Gardeners World Live was marred by the fact that one of the exhibitors was allowed to display and sell racist material - Golliwogs indeed!! How can this be allowed. Both the BBC and the owners of the NEC shouold be ashamed of themselves.
14/06/2009 at 07:46
Reekafran sorry to say you are being a bit over the top about Golliwogs. I know at least one dark skinned grandmother that buys them for her grandchildren, saying as she did "oh good they remind me of my childhood, what a find" as she bought six.
14/06/2009 at 17:14
My hightlight was actually when I arrived home again! I bought some cat mint at the show and left it in a bag on the kitchen floor. Turned my back for a minute and found my 2 cats rolling around on the floor and only half of the plant left, must be good!
14/06/2009 at 19:24
My first visit to GW Live - Quite impressed by some of it, especially the show gardens. A bit disappointed by the quality of plants on some stands though - tired, dry and not worth the money. A good day out overall depoite the huge jam on M6 and an £8.00 parking fee. Can anyone explain why it has to be so expensive?
14/06/2009 at 19:56
The £8.00 parking fee is set by the NEC, not the show organisers, also if the plants looked tired for sale, then remember they have been there since last Tues at the earliest, this is why I always visit on the First day to get the best pick of the plants. I have visited most years and this year had less stalls, but it did make it easier to move about, I enjoyed the Plant Swap as Toby Thanked me personally on GW Friday night for my donation or Orchids. Roll on 2010.!
15/06/2009 at 19:26
Loved the GW live. Went on Sat and was my first visit was very hot and it thougt busy but thoroughly enjoyed it. Will be back next year!
16/06/2009 at 08:51
Both my partner and I visited GW live for the first time on Thursday 11 June. We were both impressed and are looking forward to next year's show. Only gripe was cost of parking £8 a bit over the top and also had to wait for 40 mins to get tickets for GW theatre as no internet connection. Overall though we both had a great time!
24/06/2009 at 15:40
In agreement with B, I have been to GW for the last 11 years, and it has got smaller, particulary disappointed with the Plant Mall, a washout compared to other years. The NEC need to take a very serious look at their pricing for exhibitors. Where were the, normally dozens, of nurseries selling rare and unusual plants, can't afford to be there is the answer. Those who visited for the first time would indeed find the show great, but for those of us who have been visiting for a number of years felt quite frankly let down.
24/06/2009 at 15:58
Reekafran - how can a black doll be considered as racist? There are white, brown, yellow, blue, and every kind of coloured doll everywhere. Why is it just coloured people that can be offended by this? Even in todays age, in Italy there are golliwogs on branded items. Would you not consider it to be racist that black people have a black history month and white people do not because blacks would find it offensive? Political correctness has gone bizarre. I agree with Suzie, you are over reacting. Now then... back to gardening.
28/11/2011 at 18:38
Send a cow have a garden there this year with a real Ugandan farmer showing how to garden the African way! And.. we just heard the news - http://www.sendacow.org.uk/gwlive - we won the silver award! How exciting! It's going to be on BBC2 tomorrow at 8pm and I think Send a cow is being featured so watch out for us! x
email image
19 messages