Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

oldchippy
You lucky girl,I wish I was in Cornwall
kaycurtis
Hi! every body, I have mentioned my garden before, really am lucky to have so many different birds and bee's, butterflies are more scarce though only a fleeting glance of a peacock as it flutters by but loads of cabbage whites, the bee's go crazy for the lavender a continual buzz all day long. Took some yew clippings to the tip the other day and a grasshopper had hitched a lift in the car next morning I found the lovely green creature sitting in my car having got a couple of miles up the road before noticing him, I turned around drove back home and deposited him back in the garden before I resumed my journey, I really love my little creatures.

Well done kay!  I'm like you - I rescue everything, except for mosquitoes!

happymarion
One of my presents for my 85th birthday was a copy of your book, Kate, and I am enjoying it very much, mainly because it is nice to read page after page about things I agree with. The photographs are lovely and, in the second edition, I hope there will be more really beautiful wildlife garden pictures.
Kate Bradbury
Old chippy - I'm back now. But I wish I was still in Cornwall too :)

kaycurtis - you are an angel, what a lucky grasshopper!

flowersforbees - I actually rescued some mosquitoes the other day ;)

HappyMarion! Happy birthday!! I have been thinking of you but couldn't remember the exact date... was it yesterday? I am very glad you are enjoying the book (what a great idea for a birthday present!). I will pass your feedback on to the photographer - sadly we only had four months to shoot pics for the whole book in what turned out to be the wettest summer in 100 years! I doubt I will get a second edition published but I will ensure my next book (fingers crossed!) has plenty of beautiful garden images - weather permitting!

Hope you had a great birthday and celebrated in style.

Kate

Advertisement

happymarion
Hi to birth weeks and even months and happy unbirthdays as well, Kate and thanks for your birthday wishes. August 11th was a great day with a family picnic but, as you get older your birthdays expand to Birthweeks and even months and even happy unbirthdays as well. I will do my best to make sure your book runs to a second edition. I think it should be available in all school and college libraries. It is a very important book and points the way for up to date gardeners.
oldchippy

Happy unbirthday Happy Marion,11 th was my daugthers 40th birthday as well,my Granddaugther bought her a small plastic green house as she has only a small garden,and a bag of compost and some seeds,it runs in some familys gardening.Oldchippy.