London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 5°C
7 messages
08/08/2013 at 17:50
You lucky girl,I wish I was in Cornwall
09/08/2013 at 04:35
Hi! every body, I have mentioned my garden before, really am lucky to have so many different birds and bee's, butterflies are more scarce though only a fleeting glance of a peacock as it flutters by but loads of cabbage whites, the bee's go crazy for the lavender a continual buzz all day long. Took some yew clippings to the tip the other day and a grasshopper had hitched a lift in the car next morning I found the lovely green creature sitting in my car having got a couple of miles up the road before noticing him, I turned around drove back home and deposited him back in the garden before I resumed my journey, I really love my little creatures.
10/08/2013 at 15:45

Well done kay!  I'm like you - I rescue everything, except for mosquitoes!

12/08/2013 at 19:26
One of my presents for my 85th birthday was a copy of your book, Kate, and I am enjoying it very much, mainly because it is nice to read page after page about things I agree with. The photographs are lovely and, in the second edition, I hope there will be more really beautiful wildlife garden pictures.
    13/08/2013 at 14:47
Old chippy - I'm back now. But I wish I was still in Cornwall too :)

kaycurtis - you are an angel, what a lucky grasshopper!

flowersforbees - I actually rescued some mosquitoes the other day ;)

HappyMarion! Happy birthday!! I have been thinking of you but couldn't remember the exact date... was it yesterday? I am very glad you are enjoying the book (what a great idea for a birthday present!). I will pass your feedback on to the photographer - sadly we only had four months to shoot pics for the whole book in what turned out to be the wettest summer in 100 years! I doubt I will get a second edition published but I will ensure my next book (fingers crossed!) has plenty of beautiful garden images - weather permitting!

Hope you had a great birthday and celebrated in style.

Kate
14/08/2013 at 08:43
Hi to birth weeks and even months and happy unbirthdays as well, Kate and thanks for your birthday wishes. August 11th was a great day with a family picnic but, as you get older your birthdays expand to Birthweeks and even months and even happy unbirthdays as well. I will do my best to make sure your book runs to a second edition. I think it should be available in all school and college libraries. It is a very important book and points the way for up to date gardeners.
15/08/2013 at 10:06

Happy unbirthday Happy Marion,11 th was my daugthers 40th birthday as well,my Granddaugther bought her a small plastic green house as she has only a small garden,and a bag of compost and some seeds,it runs in some familys gardening.Oldchippy.

email image
7 messages