London (change)
Today 15°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 6°C
7 messages
27/07/2008 at 12:26
i think this site is brilliant! it gives you loads of information on glow worms and basic gardening and how 2 find the i would definitely go on this web-page again
31/07/2008 at 08:10
As a child and young adult (40s & 50s)there were hundreds of them sparkling away. This was in a village on the Surrey/Hampshire border. What a loss!
24/10/2008 at 23:29
We regularly have half a dozen or so glow worms in our garden each year although I didn't see any this year possibly because the weather was so awful. They tend to come out on warm July evenings and seem to particularly like bits of borders or grassy areas which hasn't been tendered. They are like little neon lights and its always exciting to see them. My neighbours do not seem to have resident glow worms so I certainly feel privileged!
24/10/2008 at 23:38
Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about swarms of different spotted/coloured ladybirds which all arrived together on the same day. We had at least 200 which settled on our south facing wall - it was the last warm day a couple of weeks ago. Some were red with black spots, others were yellow with black spots and some were black with red spots. I do not think any were big enough to be the 'foreign invader'. Unfortunately my camera was out of action so I have no photos. I am really intriqued as to why such a variety would appear together.
09/06/2010 at 22:22
[...] being surrounded by nature. To this day there are things in nature that we cannot fully understand (glow worms, anyone?) I spent a lot of my free time as a small child playing in the woods, and being alone in [...]
11/08/2011 at 04:23
Karen Millen Clothing Becomes 1st Choice For Women During Shopping Attention all bargain ladys!Brand Karen Millen Dress Clearance Sale is being held once again this July 1st and 2nd at our Karen Millen Dress Outlet Store. With every item once more heading out the door, patrons are sure to find a most sought-after item. The caliber of the Karen Millen Dress is more superior than ever with donated clothing being brand, factory or used however in excellent condition. Using the local economy still attempting to make payments on a household level, any savings that can be made really are a blessing. Lifeline Sunshine Coast Business Manager Ian Ezzy said fresh clothes is definitely an expense that many households just can't entertain or it is often at the end of the household budget. Karen Millen have constructed a variety to help you get more closet with some key pieces that are wearable through the seasons. Order Cheap Karen Millen at reasonable price here, they're simply worth each and every penny. Amy appeared to be enjoying the chance to be featured in the magazine, pouting and posing her way with the shoot - and also at some point sitting precariously on the bollard on the street while resting her feet on a crate. karen millen dress sizes
28/11/2011 at 18:36
I've never seen a glow-worm in this country (yet), but on a recent holiday in corfu we saw them every evening on our walk back to the hotel from a nearby taverna. it was a truly amazing sight. is it at all possible to buy the larvae anywhere in order to introduce them to your garden i wonder???
email image
7 messages