London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 14°C
1 to 20 of 22 messages
04/11/2007 at 11:37
Providing the digital camera can be combined with some daylight and my son, there should hopefully be a picture of my greehouse with my next blog.....mind you, knowing my techo-ability you may be treated to the family holiday shots instead!

Yes I do heat it, but it depends on precisely the weather is like and what I am growing.....could be unheated this winter but all of a sudden my son's tender plants including his germinated coconut have been moved in!!

21/11/2007 at 17:28
Could you show a picture of your greenhouse, it would be nice to see one!
23/11/2007 at 12:12
Do you heat your greenhouse? And if so, when do you turn on the heating?
23/11/2007 at 17:46
i have bought my self a small Green House for Chirstmas and wish to grow Tomatoes, Peppers and anything edible next year. i am a complete beginner has any body got any tips
24/11/2007 at 17:24
How lovely to have your own greenhouse in which to lose yourself. I'm still waiting for mine. I can't wait to grow melons and peppers and other fragiles into the beginning of winter. One can dream...
29/11/2007 at 20:24
I am a novice gardener have just bought my greenhouse and am totally besotted with it. It is a great place to chill out among the chillies and make plans for the veg plot next year. It has really added a new dimension to the garden and as I am in Scotland I am growing peaches and a vine under glass. everything is possible!
20/12/2007 at 13:44
I have an ordinary small glass greenhouse which I love but your greenhouse is also the greenhouse of my dreams! I'd also love to see a picture and dream about maybe one day.
30/03/2008 at 12:08
Hi Pippa, lovely article. You have inspired me to go out into the garden and build my first greenhouse. Wish the weather would warm up a bit though. Cheers, C G
10/04/2008 at 21:08
When I bought my octagonal greenhouse my mum said "It won't be big enough" and she's right! I am now obsessed with what I can grow in it and last year had cucumbers, aubergines, chillis and capsicum peppers coming out of my ears (not literally)!
07/05/2008 at 13:23
We had out greenhouse put up last year so intend to use it well this year at the moment all the seeds are planted and growing, have had part of the garden rotavated to plant pumpkins, marrows and winter veg, a raised bed for lots of summer produce plus toms, chilies and peppers will let to know if all succeed.
03/07/2008 at 17:33
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me the best way to grow peppers as i have only just started to grow fruit and veg
17/07/2008 at 09:26
HELP FIRSTtime growing aubergines and dont know how many flowers to leave on picture would be nice or step by step book
16/08/2008 at 16:18
I enjoyed a melon from Tesco so much that I sowed some of its seeds in my greenhouse. I now have masses of leaves but no melons! Can someone give me some advice please. What must I do to get the melons?
13/10/2008 at 21:41
i had an 8ft x 6ft greenhouse. i loved it. one day one pain of glass was smashed. then another so i just put sume plastic over it. then another went.so i went to work and the lads that go in and tidy gardens up. told me they have found a 10ft x 6ft greenhouse in very good condition. so they came to the house to give me it. so itook my one down. and i put it on the back of the wagon to get rid.i was so made up. i put every thing out to put up. i could not believe it. a 10ft greenhouse . i got the frame up. now fore the glass. there was only half of the glass there. and what made it worse there was no door. i took a greenhouse down that only had a few panes of glass gone before this one. i kick my self now why didn't i look to see if it was all there. well i have got a new one now. so if any one says to you they have got a greenhouse for you check it first. don't do what i did
11/11/2008 at 18:12
i have an 8x4 green house which i grow all my seeds and cutings from. i put my tree ferns in it in the winter and all my tender plants aswell i have started an allotment in northwood kirkby nr liverpool and that is run by girls and they are only ther once a week and they have a pollytunel about 30 ft long and they dont use it to what it shuld be so i have just done 170 cutings of diferent plants for them its like being in the bigest greenhouse but it is lonly tanks
14/02/2009 at 09:04
i splashed out and bought an expensive 24' x 12' cedar greenhouse on a brick base and i've had nothing but problems with it. i have gaping holes in the automatic roof vents and around the doors which i'm told by the manufacturer they can do nothing about. it also produces a huge amount of condensation which i'm sure will rot the cedar in time and i'm told this also is normal. my main problem though is heating - the heater provided had to be fixed by an electrician initially as wasn't working at all and it now only blows out cold air. it also sits under the roof vent so even if it produced heat, the heat would just go out of the roof. i've had to disconnect the clips so that the roof vent doesn't open should it decide to produce any heat! i wonder if anybody else has had similar problems, what can be done about the gaps and, mainly, can anybody suggest an efficient form of heating. i've lost so many plants already that even having spent a lot of money, i'm still bringing my plants into the house to protect them!
15/02/2009 at 15:03
I have no room for a permanent greenhouse so purchased the plastic variety last year. I started to grow peppers, cucumbers, toms and forced some beetroot in there as well. I was unfortunately too late in the year and although everything grew (from seed) the weather started closing in too quickly. Any tips on how to grow as much as possible and when? I have the bug, just not a lot of room to do it.
28/11/2011 at 18:30
It would be nice to have a picture of Pippa's greenhouse.
08/02/2012 at 12:15
Hi Pippa,

I am looking to buy a greenhouse. I looked on 'Which' so I now have a basic idea of what I need to look out for. But I am still struggling because the prices vary so much. Whats an average price to pay for an aluminium 6x8 with toughen glass? And what should I ensure the greenhouse includes ? I am new to gardening and desperate to get started. I need a greenhouse to stop the dog eating and digging up everything I plant :(.

I hope you can help
Diana.
27/11/2012 at 21:39

I was so excited when I collected a  2nd hand octagonal greenhous from an older lady who could no longer look after it.  My husband and I gently took it all apart to transport home but also noticed how a lot of wood will need replacing.  Does anybody know a suppliers where I can purchase spare parts - wood and screws.

Help!!

Thank you debbie  

1 to 20 of 22 messages