London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
4 messages
10/10/2010 at 11:00
Thank you for making me aware of the danger. My conservatory where i grow my peppers is tacked on to the house so I have already closed the roof vent to conserve heat and the windows and door to prevent the squirrels from eating my figs. I shall keep the conservatory as dry as I can and keep an eagle eye on it. The large green peppers are just turning orange.
18/10/2010 at 08:05
It is getting harder ti avoid as temperatures drop, beacuse it is all too tempting to keep the door, vents and windows tight shut.....by keep on ventilating whenever possible!
17/04/2011 at 17:55
I have had quite some success with just pots of soil and droping seeds in and have slowly got more ambitious over the last few years trying to grow more. i used a propogator last year and created such a moist atmosphere that i lost almost my entire crop for the year. since then i have learnt ventilation is definately key, I was not happy :( I have pulled together what I have learnt from other blogging sites, friends and festivals in a growing guide that may be useful so check it out if you are interested :) http://chillipepperheaven.blogspot.com/2010/12/growing-chilli-plants.html
28/11/2011 at 18:41
my peppers have been a bit slow this year too,after loosing the first buds while on holiday in july.I think they may have been over wartered.No trouble with the dreaded Botrytis yet.
email image
4 messages