London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
21 to 31 of 31 messages
26/05/2011 at 09:05
Should I remove the heads from my Alliums when they go to seed, as I do my Tulips?? Anybody please help as I love these flowers.
26/05/2011 at 14:14
Reply to itsallaboutmygarden: I always leave allium heads to develop, especially on beautiful varieties like Allium christophii. They look wonderful for months and months. They also produce seed that can be allowed to fall and self-sow, or collect and sow to raise new plants. Reply to Alfreder: I think you've answered your own question, and I'm sure teh cooler conditions and low light levels have simply stalled growth. As soon as conditions warm-up, and brighten up, your plants should start putting on plenty of new growth. Both temperature and light levels play such an important role in controlling plant growth.
26/05/2011 at 20:33
hope some-one can help I have a young cherry tree its healthy with a few cherries on it but recently I noticed a mark on the trunk of tree and a honey liwuid coming out of it I can only think the trunk was damaged at sometime what is it? and what do I do about it?, hopeing you can help me
29/05/2011 at 09:58
I dont no adam if you look at thes coments. but i have lernt alot fromyou and monty and toby. My allotment as allways been based it on montys garden. I have along boarder veg garden and a flower garden and a pond and now it is going on daybreak . It is all thanks to gardeners world thanks northwood kirkby comunity allotments nr liverpool.
30/05/2011 at 16:26
Adam, I completely share your excitement as the end of May approaches, and with it the opportunity to plant things outside. I don't have the luxury of a greenhouse, so have been reluctantly sharing my sunny living room with the little shrubblings. On Saturday I finally got my living room back after planting everything outside over the weekend. 2 casualties so far: an entire tomato plant has been reduced to a withered stem (I think by snails) and one of my lovingly tended pumpkin plants has been scratched to tatters by the not so lovely cat next door. Any tips on cats? I'm in a love hate relationship with them at the moment and have created a little stick forest to try and discourage them. Read my blog 'the day I got my living room back' - http://theafterworkgardener.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-i-got-my-living-room-back.html
06/06/2011 at 18:57
Some of my tomato plants recently planted in the greenhouse have shrivelled up while others are looking healthy, any ideas please?
24/06/2011 at 09:53
"How To Double Your Tomato Harvest, and Have Juicer, Tastier Tomatoes" Just click here to find out more information http://gardners-world-offers.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-double-your-tomato-harvest-and.html
28/06/2011 at 10:54
Nice feeling after read your charming blog its wonderful!From today i also grow my self healthy.i really appreciate those person who hasbeen written this article.keep writing!
25/07/2011 at 15:37
Would appreciate help/suggestions to following problems in my garden 1) Bizzylizzies in my window boxes also in the ground have been eaten, there are no traces of pests, any advice? 2) my marrow plants have been flowering almost daily, next thing is when the flower drops, the marrows start growing to approx 6/8" long and around 2"dia then the ends rot, could this be caused by overwatering? I have placed hay underneath .
23/08/2011 at 09:01
Interesting blog .I appreciate your work i learned a lot from your blog.
28/11/2011 at 18:43
Although an avid gardener for twenty years this is my first season growing vegetables thanks to my wife's interest in growing edibles and getting our three year old involved! We currently have peas, carrots, spring onions, lettuce, beetroot, tomatoes and peppers planted out in our new raised beds which will give us a start to our new home grown healthy food. Currently I am working on a base for a new greenhouse which should then give us a few other options. As usual some good tips on here which make informative reading. http://higgysgardenproject.blogspot.com/
email image
21 to 31 of 31 messages