London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 8°C
7 messages
27/09/2012 at 12:53
Cyclamen are such pleasant surprises. They mind their own business all summer and just when you've forgotten them ...up they come in September. I love the way they curl and twist the seeds to the ground.

Mekon look-alikes so true! Hehehe. Maybe I should plant them in an old wok in homage to their favoured vehicles?

Mine live very happily in the needles under a cedrus odorata where little else 'dares'.
27/09/2012 at 13:02
Sorry, that should read Cedrus Deodara not Odorata (presumptious iPad chooses what it likes best )
27/09/2012 at 18:59
There's a funny thing my wife came home last night with a pot of Cyclamens some one had given her where she works.Nice of one of her customers .
28/09/2012 at 14:51

They grow wild in the banks around town here. I only moved here 2 years ago and it was absolutely delightful to see them come up in big swathes.

23/10/2012 at 18:13
I planted out quite a few of these about 2 weeks ago in a recently dug out border next to some box hedging I had already planted. In that short space they have each grown roughly 4-8 vivid red flowers, Its a great treat to have some real colour in autumn.
23/10/2012 at 22:30

I planted some a few years ago in what I call my woodland bed under a tree. Not much happened at first, but now they are lovely and overflowing out into the lawn. I love the pretty leaves afterwards as well.

24/10/2012 at 10:38

I love cyclamen.  I have hederifolium, coum, cilicicum ,repandum, pseudoibericum and graecum and in pink, red and white.  The older ones have leaves about a foot across now so goodness knows how big the corms are.

email image
7 messages