London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
6 messages
07/06/2013 at 15:25
You are lucky to be almost clear of cow parsley - I've been trying to get rid of it for over 40 years, but it's useful to put on the compost heap if you've lots of grass cuttings to dispose of.
08/06/2013 at 00:00
I do grow cow parsley. We have a very rare beetle living with us and that is what the parent beetles use for food. When it is going over I try to get it out before it seeds too much.
10/06/2013 at 09:05
I too love the flowers and allowed it to roam a bit in my garden. I always tried to get the flower heads off before they set seed, but this year as my wife has decreed it a weed needing extermination I have been pulling up the entire plants (anything for a quiet life). I'm sure it will return, "one years seeds is seven years weeds" but it still reminds me of my youth playing in an orchard smothered in it.
13/06/2013 at 20:02
I have a froth of parsley on one side of the lane to the house. It is magnificent and I want to bring it back to the other side where it has been suppressed by the lawn mower. Have had no problems with it growing where not needed. But ground elder and horsetail. How they thwart me.
20/06/2013 at 20:34
I was thinking of growing cow parsley as it looks so good but have second thoughts now! Thanks for the warning.
01/06/2014 at 20:16
Thanks, I'll forget about growing cow parsley and just keep admiring it in the hedgerows as I walk my beautiful golden retriever. Shirley (Somerset).
email image
6 messages