London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
12 messages
11/10/2008 at 18:40
does it make any difference if you plant garlic in a polly tunnel?
13/10/2008 at 16:04
i love growing garlic so i try to grow it very early to avoid garlic rust.
13/10/2008 at 16:13
I am a very new gardener and experimenting with all things at present. So I thought I would plant (in pots) some garlic cloves from my own cooking garlic (not bought from the supermarket though). They have all taken and I replanted up in bigger pots and kept them in the greenhouse (not knowing quite what to do with them). Can I plant them outside and if so will they do well in a large container over winter outside?
23/10/2008 at 21:07
I ordered my garlic a few weeks ago and still waiting for them to arrive. They are solvent whites. and it is also my first time in planting garlic. I plan to put them in the garden would they be alright?
24/10/2008 at 09:03
I have been told to plant Garlic 4" deep,but the packet says 1" Help please
25/10/2008 at 15:42
Garlic needs the frost and cold so you can plant outside in the ground or in a large container. good luck and enjoy your garlic nexted year.
27/10/2008 at 09:17
If I plant out garlic now that we have a cold spell coming when will it be ready for harvesting and can it stay in ground until needed ?
05/06/2009 at 20:41
My garlic Thermidrome look more like leeks. Is this normal?
20/09/2009 at 18:04
Me and my husband have just taken on an allotment and we are just at the stage of digging it over and preparing the beds. We are wanting to plant garlic and onions this autumn and we would like to know if we should add anything to the soil first,like manure? The site hasn't been used for about 5 years.
18/10/2009 at 11:28
I got hold of some Thermidrome garlic, because ive heard they will do well over winter and planted on raised bed with a sprinkling of bonemeal to feed the compost soil, i will cover with a fleece sheet to protect from worst frosts. Then transplant them to garden that has been double dug and feed deep with manure and again shallow with bonemeal, well in advance. Using polly tunnels for early spring... this is my first time for garlic and would appreciate any additional info to help.
11/11/2009 at 20:51
I PUT IN GARLIC LAST YEAR BUT I PUT IT IN IN OCTOBER AND I LET THE FROST AT IT AND I GOT A VERY GOOD CROP FROM IT AND I AM DOING THE SAME THING THIS YEAR
28/11/2011 at 18:37
Last autumn i planted the garlic 'thermidrome' and had the best crop of bulbs ever, so yes, am growing it again this year. I do agree that an autumn planting does produce the best size bulbs and the flavour is better too.
email image
12 messages