London (change)
Sat 10°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
26/07/2010 at 23:05
Here in N. Peru we get a big selection of potato varieties we never saw in North America, even though we live on the Coast where potatoes are not grown. Nice to see interest in other varieties up there in the N. Hemisphere.
18/02/2011 at 23:41
grew anya last year in bags. absolutely de-lish.going to grow them this year again also going to try pink fir apple and pentland javelin.cant wait to plant them!
19/04/2011 at 10:39
I've opted to grow something a bit different this year, and am about to plant some Shetland Black potatoes. They've got a lovely purple ring around the middle and look great when served up. Anyone else tried growing these, and have you had much success with them?
16/05/2011 at 00:43
i have catriona and sharpes express in bags ready for eating,hav,nt checked but bags might not do as well as garden.all up in garden, i have nicola, m.piper arran pilot desiree pink fir and our favorite catriona.
21/05/2011 at 10:32
Hi I'm growing potatoes for the first time in a bin/pot on my balcony and the plants are now very tall but there is now more space to earth them up any further.... Does this matter? Also please can someone tell me how I know when the potatoes are ready - I read somewhere that you can just fell around in the soil but when I do that it fels as though I am breaking roots so I've stopped. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks :)
12/09/2011 at 15:55
For the past few years all my potatoes, Charlotte and Pentland Javelin and Maris Piper have turned into mash too quickly. Cant get a firm potato although have no trouble with bought ones
28/11/2011 at 18:40
This year I'll be growing Arran Pilot, Mizen and Peruvian Purple. Although right now it's so cold that it's hard to imagine gardening of any sort!
email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages