Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Talkback

Talkback: Growing sweet peas

Gosh, you've inspired me. I have about 30 pots of healthy looking sweet pea sown in Autumn. They've been out of the greenhouse for approx 3 ...

Jump to latest post

1 to 10 of 10 replies

LouatLarches
Gosh, you've inspired me. I have about 30 pots of healthy looking sweet pea sown in Autumn. They've been out of the greenhouse for approx 3 weeks and I shall plant them this weekend. Thanks!
Lyn

Our night temps in the south west are forcasted to go down to 1c next week, I shalln't be putting mine out yet.

Lyn

Tried it before David, they were not good, maybe its the high altitude or the strong winds, but they seem to benefit from being held back until April. I havent even sowed the late ones yet.

Will start hardening off mine tomorrow! Only grew sweet peas for the first time last year but loved them. I would be really grateful if you could tell me how to grow them up an obelisk with runner beans. Thanks.

morning, david, can i just ask what do you grow in beds before you put sweet peas in, i've got 1 small bed i've left with just couple of spring bulbs, but want to put some in front, this is full of perennials, mainly geraniums, should i dig them all up before sp s go in, also put new shoots yesterday and today out in open porch, bringing in at night, mainly to keep out of way of mice,but to protect from wind too, is this a good idea, thanks

Advertisement

MrsGarden
I d like to grow sweet peas in the same planter as my corkscrew hazel. Any advice or shall I just throw in some seeds and when? Thanks.