London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
23/04/2011 at 21:23
it could either be mosiac virus which they will have to be destroyed or tomato leafe mould if brown patches on top of the leaves and can be treated by removing the lower leaves.
23/04/2011 at 21:31
it sounds like a virus and sadly they might have to be desroyed and feed the remaing plants.
26/04/2011 at 06:51
chutneyhunter- just share the produce with your neighbour and she will have a vested interest in watering them while you are away.
26/04/2011 at 20:07
If you're serious about container-growing fruit and veg, have a look at the book, The Bountiful Container...I keep hearing it recommended as the single best guide to edibles in pots. Sheila Averbuch - Stopwatch Gardener
28/04/2011 at 23:36
I am also growing veg in pots- because we are selling the flat and I'm darned if the new owners are going to get my veg!!! Regarding watering on holidays- after all my tomatoes were decimated by 10 days when the pet sitter didn't appear to water them as asked (and she nearly killed the potted patio cherry tree too), I have bought an easy2grow system for this year's tomotoes. This has 6 pots, but I have ended up growing rather more tomoatoes and cucumbers than this from seed under my south-facing living room window, so am looking at getting an octogrow system as well. And hopefully all my veg will survive my husband having to look after them while I'm abrouad for a month... :)
13/05/2011 at 21:02
When I have to be away I cut the bottom off a plastic bottle and upturn it into the soil and fill with water like a little resevoir, have only a small balcony but it seems to do the trick
22/05/2011 at 07:43
hi and good morning im new to the garden and growing my own veg and fruit i have started to grow peas the sort i have got is called oregon sugarpod i have started them off indoors and have been placing them out in the day bringing them back in at night they have shoot up nicely im woundering do i have to take of some of the main leaves so the energy goes to the rest of the plant sorry if this sounds a little unexperianced but i am new and i am enjoying it and can i just say the info on here is amazing and the show is great
29/07/2011 at 19:35
my cucombers are struggling it's the first time i've grown them he problem is - the first four fruits were ok but the fruits further up went yellow when abiut 2 inches long. Above these however, about 4 foot up the fruits are ok. Iwater every day and feed once a week,Any one got ananswer?
14/09/2011 at 18:37
i like this site it is very nice for me Pizza Delivery Bags http://www.deliverybagsus.com/
28/11/2011 at 18:43
I grow a lot of veg. in pots but my only worry is when we go on holiday. My neighbour kindly waters for me but I feel it is such a responsibility for her to keep everything going. How do you overcome this problem?
email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages