13 messages
05/07/2010 at 16:06
If a brief is a bit poor (do you remember the Chelsea garden a few years ago that had rhododendrons atop limestone pillars?) isn't it possible for the RHS to tell in advance whether a garden will be in the no middle/bronze/silver etc. category, even before the garden is made? Sheila Averbuch -- Stopwatch Gardener
06/07/2010 at 08:52
Hi can anyone tell me why my curly kale leaves are turning yellow? we have been watering during the hot spell but this has not helped. Also they do not seem to be growing. thanks
06/07/2010 at 21:52
Does anyone know the name of the piece of classical music that featured in last weeks episode at Lamorran House?
07/07/2010 at 14:36
Great article. I hope I can get along to it. Best, Sheila
08/07/2010 at 20:01
Programme is good, but I do not see why the cookery part should encroach in it to pad the programme.
09/07/2010 at 22:42
What was the amazing piece of music they played out with tonight(Friday)? It sounded like, well, nothing I've ever heard before - and I must have it!
10/07/2010 at 16:21
Last year I sowed some white foxglove seeds. In the autumn I planted out 7 healthy plants. They came through the hard winter and have grown on to be big, healthy plants - but without any sign of a flower! The wild, pink ones and the other pale pink ones I grew have all flowered well, so please, where have I gone wrong?
10/07/2010 at 16:31
Sorry - new to this. I see this should have gone on Kate Bradbur's Foxglove seed blog. I will see if I can move it there.
11/07/2010 at 10:53
What was the name of the nursery with the beautiful Huecheras, I believe she said she had the National Collection
12/07/2010 at 12:03
Answer for Pat White - I believe the the nursery's name was Plantagogo.
12/07/2010 at 12:31
Sheila: The selection panel would usually pick up on such anomalies. I think the rhododendrons may have been a late addition. I remember the garden well: the drawing was much more impressive than the reality: happens sometimes. In his defence I think the designer was unwell for much of the build. Hartgrove: Important thing is to ensure that there are adequate foundations beneath the liner.Then build the piers on top of the liner (do not cut it). Piers need to be solid and weighty. Devon Dumpling: Don't forget that foxgloves are biennial. They set leaves in the first year and flower in the second.
10/07/2011 at 08:32
Hello - not sure if this is the right place to type this, but I want to say how wonderful it was to see Alice Fowler back on Gardeners' World at the Hampton Court Palace show. I always looked forward to her contribution within the the last series and I was very upset that upon Monty's return,(whom I was delighted to see back), Alice seemed to have been sidelined. Also, I am still waiting for a second series from Alice. It was lovely to see an actual small city garden, (which is what most of the population own), being put through its paces over the course of a year by this quirky, down-to-earth girl. I was hooked! Having watched avidly since Geoff Hamilton days, gardening programmes just filled an artistic entertainment slot for me, but Alice made me, (now into my 50s), get out there and and start planting and eating my own produce. Please reintroduce her regular contributions and also feature her garden in our overlooked second city, Birmingham. Kind regards. M
28/11/2011 at 18:41
I am having a garden room added to my house I bit like the one in Work,rest and play garden. Outside I would like to have a pond before the patio with stepping stones like the ones in The Living room and Urban Serenity. I have built a number of ponds but does anyone know how I can add the stepping stones. Eg are they ontop of the liner on bricks?
email image
13 messages