London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
27/02/2011 at 17:50
i planted garlic bulds september last. they are about 4inches high now. some have about 4 green stems, should i seperate these and replant. also i had a plant that went 2 seed, i scattered the seeds and a year later i see small plants growing. is this normal.
28/02/2011 at 10:32
If you leave a bulb of garlic in the ground by accident it will start to shoot, so you'll get a cluster of new bulbs trying to grow in a space far too tiny. If you plant the entire bulb (as I suspect you did?) then the same will happen. The individual cloves need to be separated off from the bulb and planted separately. Growing in a clump as your as they will not do well, so although it is late to separate autumn garlic now, I'd have a go, then replant each clove about 5in apart...and perhaps buy yourself some spring planting garlic now, separate this in to cloves and plant asap, as I suspect the autumn re-planted won't do as well as it could have.
08/04/2011 at 15:37
Thanks for the info about growing garlic. You find out in the link bellow some of the great ways to use garlic as a home remedie: http://thegarlicgarlic.blogspot.com/p/how-can-you-use-garlic-as-home-remedies.html
28/11/2011 at 18:41
to day i piked all my garlic i got twenty five bunches of garlic thats not bad for the first time i have growen it it took me two years to grow it it needs the frost to grow i think i done well the full amount that i put in was thirty cloves
email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages