London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
9 messages
12/01/2012 at 19:16
Have a lovely holiday Kate,Last night I had a black ladybird with 4 red spots and orange cheeks on my keyboard,My honeysuckle has started to green up and the Mahonia has the starting of flowers,The house next to my daughter maisonette has a honeysuckle in flower hanging over the wall,What a mix up in the weather next couple of day's will be winter.
12/01/2012 at 19:17
Have a lovely holiday Kate,Last night I had a black ladybird with 4 red spots and orange cheeks on my keyboard,My honeysuckle has started to green up and the Mahonia has the starting to flowers,The house next to my daughter maisonette has a honeysuckle in flower hanging over the wall,What a mix up in the weather next couple of day's will be winter.
12/01/2012 at 21:55

I think i remember doing this in 2009 it was very mild barely cold enough to need a caot and everything started sprouting then in february we eneded up with snow and late frosts and half my garden was plundered I'm taking care this year to make sure all is protected and or partially covered.

13/01/2012 at 10:28
I don't know about spring, but my roses are blooming and so are the sweet peas - how mad is that!!
13/01/2012 at 13:53

The birds think it is Spring, but I am not taking any risks, February can be a very treacherous month, had quite a frost last night, nothing too serious though.

16/01/2012 at 15:42

My Magnolia has a few flowers on it already and also one of my Pinks is in flower.

18/01/2012 at 21:41

Very difficult for novice gardeners! With this weather and tiny buds on the chaenomeles japonica - ornamental quince, is it still possible to move it now? I know it flowers early but I have been waiting for the right moment. Has it been and gone?! Thanks. Would also like to move two hebes - but am more sure about these!

19/01/2012 at 10:51

I have 14 roses blooming, pots full of Osteosernum in flower, Lavender still highly sented and flowering and a sweet Auricula in flower.  Love this mld weather, but the forecast is giving frost for the weekend, so I'll be out with my sheets of fleece and plastic cloches today!

16/02/2012 at 19:03
NOTICED NEIGHBOURS UNKEPTED FRONT LAWN HAD HEALTHY CROP OF SNOWDROPS.I PLANTED DAFFODIL/TULUP BULBS LATE DECEMBER PEEPING UP THRU NOW BUT WE IN N.IRELAND HAVE HAD A MILDISH START TO YEAR COMPARED TO PARTS OF ENGLAND.POT OF SUMMER FLOWERS AT FRONT DOOR KEPT FLOWERING THRU TO END OF JANUARY.JOE IN COUNTY ARMAGH.
email image
9 messages